Judicial Discretion in Corporate Bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer, 2008. "Judicial Fact Discretion," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Schwartz, Alan, 1997. "Contracting about Bankruptcy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 127-146, April.
- Dan Bernhardt & Ed Nosal, 2004. "Near-sighted Justice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(6), pages 2655-2684, December.
- Julian R. Franks & Kjell G. Nyborg & Walter N. Torous, 1996. "A Comparison of UK, US and German Insolvency Codes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Kenneth Ayotte & Hayong Yun, "undated". "Matching Bankruptcy Laws to Legal Environments," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1018, American Law & Economics Association.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Rossi, Stefano, 2008. "Optimal Resolutions of Financial Distress by Contract," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-6, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2013.
"Contractual Resolutions of Financial Distress,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(3), pages 602-634.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2006. "Contractual resolutions of financial distress," Economics Working Papers 1316, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2012.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2012. "Contractual Resolutions of Financial Distress," Working Papers 651, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Rodano, Giacomo & Serrano-Velarde, Nicolas & Tarantino, Emanuele, 2016.
"Bankruptcy law and bank financing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 363-382.
- Giacomo Rodano & Nicolas Serrano-Velarde & Emanuele Tarantino, 2015. "Bankruptcy Law and Bank Financing," Working Papers 547, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Gicoamo Rodano & Nicolas Serrano-Velarde & Emanuele Tarantino, 2015. "Bankruptcy law and bank financing," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1013, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Tarantino, Emanuele, 2013. "Bankruptcy law and corporate investment decisions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2490-2500.
- Sreyan Chatterjee & Gausia Shaikh & Bhargavi Zaveri, 2017. "Watching India's Insolvency Reforms: A New Dataset of Insolvency Cases," Working Papers id:12105, eSocialSciences.
- Sreyan Chatterjee & Gausia Shaikh & Bhargavi Zaveri, 2017. "Watching India's insolvency reforms: A New dataset of insolvency cases," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2017-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Cesar Tamayo, 2015. "Investor protection and optimal contracts under risk aversion and costly state verification," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 59(3), pages 547-577, August.
- Pascal François & Alon Raviv, 2014. "Heterogeneous Beliefs and the Choice Between Private Restructuring and Formal Bankruptcy," Cahiers de recherche 1401, CIRPEE.
- Meradj Mortezapouraghdam, 2016. "Three Essays on the Role of Frictions in the Economy," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/293qice3lj8, Sciences Po.
- Leyman, Bart & Schoors, Koen J.L. & Coussement, Peter, 2011. "Does court-supervised reorganization work? Evidence from post-confirmation firm failure," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 149-168, September.
More about this item
KeywordsJudicial Discretion; Corporate Bankruptcy;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-05-10 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-LAW-2008-05-10 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitcei:2008-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reiko Suzuki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.