Judicial Discretion in Corporate Bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer, 2008. "Judicial Fact Discretion," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Schwartz, Alan, 1997. "Contracting about Bankruptcy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 127-146, April.
- Dan Bernhardt & Ed Nosal, 2004. "Near-sighted Justice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(6), pages 2655-2684, December.
- Julian R. Franks & Kjell G. Nyborg & Walter N. Torous, 1996. "A Comparison of UK, US and German Insolvency Codes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Kenneth Ayotte & Hayong Yun, "undated". "Matching Bankruptcy Laws to Legal Environments," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1018, American Law & Economics Association.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Rossi, Stefano, 2008. "Optimal Resolutions of Financial Distress by Contract," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-6, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2013.
"Contractual Resolutions of Financial Distress,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(3), pages 602-634.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2006. "Contractual resolutions of financial distress," Economics Working Papers 1316, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2012.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Stefano Rossi, 2012. "Contractual Resolutions of Financial Distress," Working Papers 651, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Rodano, Giacomo & Serrano-Velarde, Nicolas & Tarantino, Emanuele, 2016.
"Bankruptcy law and bank financing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 363-382.
- Giacomo Rodano & Nicolas Serrano-Velarde & Emanuele Tarantino, 2015. "Bankruptcy Law and Bank Financing," Working Papers 547, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Gicoamo Rodano & Nicolas Serrano-Velarde & Emanuele Tarantino, 2015. "Bankruptcy law and bank financing," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1013, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Tarantino, Emanuele, 2013. "Bankruptcy law and corporate investment decisions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2490-2500.
- Sreyan Chatterjee & Gausia Shaikh & Bhargavi Zaveri, 2017. "Watching India's Insolvency Reforms: A New Dataset of Insolvency Cases," Working Papers id:12105, eSocialSciences.
- Sreyan Chatterjee & Gausia Shaikh & Bhargavi Zaveri, 2017. "Watching India's insolvency reforms: A New dataset of insolvency cases," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2017-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Cesar Tamayo, 2015. "Investor protection and optimal contracts under risk aversion and costly state verification," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 59(3), pages 547-577, August.
- Pascal François & Alon Raviv, 2014. "Heterogeneous Beliefs and the Choice Between Private Restructuring and Formal Bankruptcy," Cahiers de recherche 1401, CIRPEE.
- Meradj Mortezapouraghdam, 2016. "Three Essays on the Role of Frictions in the Economy," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/293qice3lj8, Sciences Po.
- Leyman, Bart & Schoors, Koen J.L. & Coussement, Peter, 2011. "Does court-supervised reorganization work? Evidence from post-confirmation firm failure," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 149-168, September.
More about this item
KeywordsJudicial Discretion; Corporate Bankruptcy;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-05-10 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-LAW-2008-05-10 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitcei:2008-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reiko Suzuki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cehitjp.html .