Export Taxes and Consumption: A ‘Natural Experiment’ from Côte d'Ivoire
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olson, Mancur, 1985. "The Exploitation and Subsidization of Agriculture in Developing and Developed Countries," 1985 Conference, August 26-September 4, 1985, MÃ¡laga, Spain 182530, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2011.
"Robust Inference With Multiway Clustering,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 238-249, April.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2006. "Robust Inference with Multi-way Clustering," NBER Technical Working Papers 0327, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonah B. Gelbach & Doug Miller, 2009. "Robust Inference with Multi-way Clustering," Working Papers 99, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller & Doug Miller, 2009. "Robust Inference with Multi-way Clustering," Working Papers 98, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Trefler, Daniel, 1993. "Trade Liberalization and the Theory of Endogenous Protection: An Econometric Study of U.S. Import Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(1), pages 138-160, February.
- Guy B. Nkamleu & Anne Kielland, 2006. "Modeling farmers' decisions on child labor and schooling in the cocoa sector: a multinomial logit analysis in Côte d'Ivoire," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 319-333, November.
- Margaret McMillan, 2001. "Why Kill The Golden Goose? A Political-Economy Model Of Export Taxation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 170-184, February.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Asis Kumar Banerjee, 2004. "Credit-Product Interlinkage, Captive Markets and Trade Liberalization in Agriculture: A Theoretical Analysis," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 327-348, July.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1998. "Why Is Trade Reform So Difficult in Africa?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(0), pages 43-69, June.
- Kym Anderson & John Cockburn & Will Martin, 2010. "Agricultural Price Distortions, Inequality, and Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2430.
- Porto, Guido G., 2006.
"Using survey data to assess the distributional effects of trade policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 140-160, September.
- Guido G. Porto, 2003. "Using survey data to assess the distributional effects of trade policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3137, The World Bank.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1994. "The Incidence of Mandated Maternity Benefits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 622-641, June.
- Bogetic, Zeljko & Noer, John & Espina, Carlos, 2007. "Cote d'Ivoire : from success to failure a story of growth, specialization, and the terms of trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4414, The World Bank.
- Alexei P Kireyev, 2010. "Export Tax and Pricing Power; Two Hypotheses on the Cocoa Market in Côte d’Ivoire," IMF Working Papers 10/269, International Monetary Fund.
- Edmonds, Eric V. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2006. "Trade liberalization and the allocation of labor between households and markets in a poor country," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 272-295, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy Katayama & Andrew Dabalen & Essama Nssah & Guy Morel Amouzou Agbe, 2017. "Welfare and Poverty Impacts of Cocoa Price Policy Reform in Cote d'Ivoire," World Bank Other Operational Studies 29625, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade Liberalization; Agricultural Commodity; Household Consumption;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-09-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-09-29 (German Papers)
- NEP-INT-2014-09-29 (International Trade)
- NEP-PBE-2014-09-29 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hic:wpaper:182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alia Aghajanian) or () or () or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.hicn.org .