LongMemory, Count Data, Time Series Modelling for Financial Application
A model to account for the long memory property in a count data framework is proposed and applied to high frequency stock transactions data. The unconditional and conditional first and second order moments are given. The CLS and FGLS estimators are discussed. In its empirical application to two stock series for AstraZeneca and Ericsson B, we find that both series have a fractional integration property.
|Date of creation:||11 Apr 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden|
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Ding, Zhuanxin, 1996. "Varieties of long memory models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 61-77, July.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989.
"Long-term memory in stock market prices,"
3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bhardwaj, Geetesh & Swanson, Norman R., 2006.
"An empirical investigation of the usefulness of ARFIMA models for predicting macroeconomic and financial time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 539-578.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Norman Swanson, 2004. "An Empirical Investigation of the Usefulness of ARFIMA Models for Predicting Macroeconomic and Financial Time Series," Departmental Working Papers 200422, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Kurt Brannas & A. M. M. Shahiduzzaman Quoreshi, 2010.
"Integer-valued moving average modelling of the number of transactions in stocks,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(18), pages 1429-1440.
- Brännäs, Kurt & Quoreshi, Shahiduzzaman, 2004. "Integer-Valued Moving Average Modelling of the Number of Transactions in Stocks," Umeå Economic Studies 637, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Francis X. Diebold, 1988. "Random walks versus fractional integration: power comparisons of scalar and joint tests of the variance-time function," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Quoreshi, Shahiduzzaman, 2005. "Bivariate Time Series Modelling of Financial Count Data," Umeå Economic Studies 655, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.