The prenucleolus for games with communication structures
t is well-known that the prenucleolus on the class of TU games is characterized by singlevaluedness, covariance under strategic equivalence, anonymity, and the reduced game property. We show that the prenucleolus on the class of TU games restricted to the connected coalitions with respect to communication structures may be characterized by the same axioms and a stronger version of independence of non-connected coalitions requiring that the solution does not depend on the worth of any non-connected coalition. Similarly as in the classical case, it turns out that each of the five axioms is logically independent of the remaining axioms and that an infinite universe of potential players is necessary. Moreover, a suitable definition and characterization of a prekernel for games with communication structures is presented.
|Date of creation:||10 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark|
Phone: 65 50 32 33
Fax: 65 50 32 37
Web page: http://www.sdu.dk/ivoe
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Laan Gerard van der & Talman Dolf & Yang Zaifu, 2008.
"The Average Tree Solution for Cooperative Games with Communication Structure,"
026, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z., 2010. "The average tree solution for cooperative games with communication structure," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 626-633, March.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Gerard van der Laan & Dolf Talman & Zaifu Yang, 2008. "The Average Tree Solution for Cooperative Games with Communication Structure," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-083/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2008. "The Average Tree Solution for Cooperative Games with Communication Structure," Discussion Paper 2008-73, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2010. "The average tree solution for cooperative games with communication structure," Other publications TiSEM 24359ac5-6399-42ee-8f0b-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Guni Orshan & Peter Sudhölter, 2010.
"The positive core of a cooperative game,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 39(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Bezalel Peleg & Peter Sudholter, 2004. "Bargaining Sets of Voting Games," Discussion Paper Series dp376, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Katsev, Ilya & Yanovskaya, Elena, 2013. "The prenucleolus for games with restricted cooperation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 56-65.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2011_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.