Axiomatizing core extensions
We give an axiomatization of the aspiration core on the domain of all TU-games using a relaxed feasibility condition, non-emptiness, individual rationality, and generalized versions of the reduced game property (consistency) and superadditivity. Our axioms also characterize the C-core (Guesnerie and Oddou, Econ Lett 3(4):301–306, 1979 ; Sun et al. J Math Econ 44(7–8):853–860, 2008 ) and the core on appropriate subdomains. The main result of the paper generalizes Peleg’s (J Math Econ 14(2):203–214, 1985 ) core axiomatization to the entire family of TU-games. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
Volume (Year): 41 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergiu Hart, 1983.
"An Axiomatization of Harsanyi's Non-Transferable Utility Solution,"
573, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hart, Sergiu, 1985. "An Axiomatization of Harsanyi's Nontransferable Utility Solution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1295-1313, November.
- Hokari, Toru & Kibris, Ozgur, 2003. "Consistency, converse consistency, and aspirations in TU-games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 313-331, July.
- Sun, Ning & Trockel, Walter & Yang, Zaifu, 2008.
"Competitive outcomes and endogenous coalition formation in an n-person game,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 853-860, July.
- Sun,N. & Trockel,W. & Yang,Z., 2004. "Competitive outcomes and endogenous coalition formation in an n-person game," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 358, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Serrano, Roberto & Volij, Oscar, 1998.
"Axiomatizations of neoclassical concepts for economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 87-108, August.
- Volij, Oscar & Serrano, Roberto, 1998. "Axiomatizations of Neoclassical Concepts for Economies," Staff General Research Papers 5192, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1985. "An axiomatization of the core of cooperative games without side payments," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 203-214, April.
- Peter Sudhölter & Yan-An Hwang, 2001. "Axiomatizations of the core on the universal domain and other natural domains," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 597-623.
- Voorneveld, Mark & van den Nouweland, Anne, 1998. "A new axiomatization of the core of games with transferable utility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 151-155, August.
- Keiding, Hans, 1986. "An axiomatization of the core of a cooperative game," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 111-115.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1985. "An Axiomatization of the Non-transferable Utility Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 599-612, May.
- Guni Orshan & Peter Sudhölter, 2010.
"The positive core of a cooperative game,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Tadenuma, K, 1992. "Reduced Games, Consistency, and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 325-34.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:41:y:2012:i:4:p:885-898. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.