The Costs of Paying – Private and Social Costs of Cash and Card Payments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Garcia-Swartz Daniel D. & Hahn Robert W. & Layne-Farrar Anne, 2006. "The Move Toward a Cashless Society: A Closer Look at Payment Instrument Economics," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-24, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Karoubi & Régis Chenavaz & Corina Paraschiv, 2016.
"Consumers’ perceived risk and hold and use of payment instruments,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(14), pages 1317-1329, March.
- Bruno Karoubi & Régis Chenavaz & Corina Paraschiv, 2016. "Consumers’ perceived risk and hold and use of payment instruments," Post-Print hal-01446198, HAL.
- Bolt, Wilko & Jonker, Nicole & van Renselaar, Corry, 2010.
"Incentives at the counter: An empirical analysis of surcharging card payments and payment behaviour in the Netherlands,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1738-1744, August.
- Wilko Bolt & Nicole Jonker & Corry van Renselaar, 2008. "Incentives at the counter: An empirical analysis of surcharging card payment and payment behaviour in the Netherlands," DNB Working Papers 196, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- O'Toole, Ronnie, 2013. "The Usage, Cost and Pricing of Retail Payments in Ireland," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 74-84, April.
- Alexandrova-Kabadjova, Biliana & Negrín, José Luis, 2009. "What drives the network’s growth? An agent-based study of the payment card market," Working Paper Series 1143, European Central Bank.
- Marc BOURREAU & Tommaso VALLETTI, 2015. "Competition and Interoperability in Mobile Money Platform Markets: What Works and What Doesn’t?," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(99), pages 11-32, 3rd quart.
- Takala, Kari & Virén, Matti, 2008. "Efficiency and costs of payments : some new evidence from Finland," Research Discussion Papers 11/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Wilko Bolt & Sujit Chakravorti, 2010. "Digitization of Retail Payment," DNB Working Papers 270, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Verdier, Marianne, 2012. "Interchange fees and inefficiencies in the substitution between debit cards and cash," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 682-696.
- Jakub Gorka, 2012. "Synthesis of studies on costs of cash and non-cash payment instruments (Synteza badan kosztow gotowki i bezgotowkowych instrumentow platniczych )," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(39), pages 223-241.
More about this item
KeywordsCash payments; Card payments; Social costs; Private costs;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:rbnkwp:0212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lena Löfgren). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbgovse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.