Measuring Efficiency and Effectiveness in the Public Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boaz Golany & Eran Tamir, 1995. "Evaluating Efficiency-Effectiveness-Equality Trade-Offs: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(7), pages 1172-1184, July.
- Ruggiero, John, 1996. "Efficiency of Educational Production: An Analysis of New York School Districts," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 499-509, August.
- Finn Førsund & Nikias Sarafoglou, 2002. "On the Origins of Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 23-40, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanson, Torbjørn, 2016. "Estimating output mix effectiveness: A scenario approach," Memorandum 14/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsoutputs; outcomes; factorially dete rmined multioutput production; Farrell efficiency measures; savings potentials; overall preference effectiveness; output mix effectivenes;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-09-26 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2013-09-26 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-REG-2013-09-26 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2013_016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .