The semantics of preference-based belief operators
We show how different kinds of belief operators derived from preferences can be defined in terms an accessibility relation of epistemic priority, and characterized by means of a vector of nested accessibility relations. The semantic structure is used to reconcile and compare certain non-standard notions of belief that have recently been used in epistemic analyses of games.
|Date of creation:||21 Feb 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asheim,G.B., 1999.
"On the epistemic foundation for backward induction,"
30/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Asheim, Geir B., 2002. "On the epistemic foundation for backward induction," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 121-144, November.
- Blume, Lawrence & Brandenburger, Adam & Dekel, Eddie, 1991.
"Lexicographic Probabilities and Choice under Uncertainty,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 61-79, January.
- Lawrence Blume & Adam Brandenburger & Eddie Dekel, 2014. "Lexicographic Probabilities and Choice Under Uncertainty," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: The Language of Game Theory Putting Epistemics into the Mathematics of Games, chapter 6, pages 137-160 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- P. Battigalli & M. Siniscalchi, 1999.
"Interactive Beliefs and Forward Induction,"
Princeton Economic Theory Papers
99f3, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Dufwenberg, Martin, 2003.
"Admissibility and common belief,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 208-234, February.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa & Chin-Chiu Tan, Tommy, 1987.
"The Bayesian Foundations of Solution Concepts of Games,"
Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
111, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Tan, Tommy Chin-Chiu & da Costa Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro, 1988. "The Bayesian foundations of solution concepts of games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 370-391, August.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1986.
"Multistage Games with Communication,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 323-58, March.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Perea, Andres, 2005. "Sequential and quasi-perfect rationalizability in extensive games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 15-42, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2003_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rhiana Bergh-Seeley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.