Do economic liberalization and globalization increase income inequality?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-973, July.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A., 2005. "Testing for the Significance of Violations of Afriat's Inequalities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 355-362, July.
- Jones, Barry E. & De Peretti, Philippe, 2005. "A Comparison Of Two Methods For Testing The Utility Maximization Hypothesis When Quantity Data Are Measured With Error," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(05), pages 612-629, November.
- Gross, John, 1995. "Testing Data for Consistency with Revealed Preference," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 701-710, November.
- William Barnett, 2005.
- William Barnett, 2005. "Monetary Aggregation," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200510, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- Barnett, William A, 1977.
"Recursive Subaggregation and a Generalized Hypocycloidal Demand Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1117-1136, July.
- William A. Barnett, 1976. "Recursive subaggregation and a generalized hypocycloidal demand model," Special Studies Papers 84, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swofford, James L & Whitney, Gerald A, 1987. "Nonparametric Tests of Utility Maximization and Weak Separability for Consumption, Leisure and Money," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 458-464, August.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, April.
- Elger, Thomas & Jones, Barry E., 2008. "Can rejections of weak separability be attributed to random measurement errors in the data?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 44-47, April.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar, 2007. "Flexible Functional Forms, Curvature Conditions, And The Demand For Assets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 455-486, September.
- Hal R. Varian, 1983. "Non-parametric Tests of Consumer Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 99-110.
- Rickertsen, Kyrre, 1998. "The demand for food and beverages in Norway," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 89-100, January.
- Fisher, Douglas & Fleissig, Adrian R, 1997. "Monetary Aggregation and the Demand for Assets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(4), pages 458-475, November.
- Barnett, William A & Choi, Seungmook, 1989. "A Monte Carlo Study of Tests of Blockwise Weak Separability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 363-377, July.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Barnett, William A., 2002. "Tastes and technology: curvature is not sufficient for regularity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 199-202, May.
- Swofford, James L. & Whitney, Gerald A., 1994. "A revealed preference test for weakly separable utility maximization with incomplete adjustment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 235-249.
- de PERETTI, PHILIPPE, 2005. "Testing The Significance Of The Departures From Utility Maximization," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 372-397, June.
- Jones, Barry E. & Dutkowsky, Donald H. & Elger, Thomas, 2005. "Sweep programs and optimal monetary aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 483-508, February.
- Varian, Hal R., 1985. "Non-parametric analysis of optimizing behavior with measurement error," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 445-458.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zohal Hessami & Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2015.
"Has Globalisation Affected Collective Bargaining? An Empirical Test, 1980–2009,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(12), pages 1880-1911, December.
- Zohal Hessami & Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2013. "Has Globalization Affected Collective Bargaining? An Empirical Test, 1980-2009," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese, 2010. "Good for Living? On the Relationship between Globalization and Life Expectancy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1191-1203, September.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2015.
"Globalization and the transmission of social values: The case of tolerance,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 371-389.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2014. "Globalization and the Transmission of Social Values: The Case of Tolerance," Working Paper Series 1007, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Guerriero, Marta & Sen, Kunal, 2012. "What Determines the Share of Labour in National Income? A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6643, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic freedom; Globalization; Income Inequality; Gini Coefficient; Welfare states;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-09-20 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2008-09-20 (Operations Research)
- NEP-UPT-2008-09-20 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2008_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.