Do economic liberalization and globalization increase income inequality?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-973, July.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A., 2005. "Testing for the Significance of Violations of Afriat's Inequalities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 355-362, July.
- Jones, Barry E. & De Peretti, Philippe, 2005. "A Comparison Of Two Methods For Testing The Utility Maximization Hypothesis When Quantity Data Are Measured With Error," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(05), pages 612-629, November.
- Gross, John, 1995. "Testing Data for Consistency with Revealed Preference," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 701-710, November.
- William Barnett, 2005.
- William Barnett, 2005. "Monetary Aggregation," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200510, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- Barnett, William A, 1977.
"Recursive Subaggregation and a Generalized Hypocycloidal Demand Model,"
Econometric Society, pages 1117-1136.
- William A. Barnett, 1976. "Recursive subaggregation and a generalized hypocycloidal demand model," Special Studies Papers 84, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swofford, James L & Whitney, Gerald A, 1987. "Nonparametric Tests of Utility Maximization and Weak Separability for Consumption, Leisure and Money," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 458-464, August.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, March.
- Elger, Thomas & Jones, Barry E., 2008. "Can rejections of weak separability be attributed to random measurement errors in the data?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 44-47, April.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar, 2007. "Flexible Functional Forms, Curvature Conditions, And The Demand For Assets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 455-486, September.
- Hal R. Varian, 1983. "Non-parametric Tests of Consumer Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 99-110.
- Rickertsen, Kyrre, 1998. "The demand for food and beverages in Norway," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 89-100, January.
- Fisher, Douglas & Fleissig, Adrian R, 1997. "Monetary Aggregation and the Demand for Assets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(4), pages 458-475, November.
- Barnett, William A & Choi, Seungmook, 1989. "A Monte Carlo Study of Tests of Blockwise Weak Separability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 363-377, July.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Barnett, William A., 2002. "Tastes and technology: curvature is not sufficient for regularity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 199-202, May.
- Swofford, James L. & Whitney, Gerald A., 1994. "A revealed preference test for weakly separable utility maximization with incomplete adjustment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 235-249.
- de PERETTI, PHILIPPE, 2005. "Testing The Significance Of The Departures From Utility Maximization," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 372-397, June.
- Jones, Barry E. & Dutkowsky, Donald H. & Elger, Thomas, 2005. "Sweep programs and optimal monetary aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 483-508, February.
- Varian, Hal R., 1985. "Non-parametric analysis of optimizing behavior with measurement error," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 445-458.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zohal Hessami & Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2015.
"Has Globalisation Affected Collective Bargaining? An Empirical Test, 1980–2009,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(12), pages 1880-1911, December.
- Zohal Hessami & Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2013. "Has Globalization Affected Collective Bargaining? An Empirical Test, 1980-2009," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese, 2010. "Good for Living? On the Relationship between Globalization and Life Expectancy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1191-1203, September.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2015.
"Globalization and the transmission of social values: The case of tolerance,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 371-389.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2014. "Globalization and the Transmission of Social Values: The Case of Tolerance," Working Paper Series 1007, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Guerriero, Marta & Sen, Kunal, 2012. "What Determines the Share of Labour in National Income? A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6643, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic freedom; Globalization; Income Inequality; Gini Coefficient; Welfare states;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-09-20 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2008-09-20 (Operations Research)
- NEP-UPT-2008-09-20 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2008_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .