Imitate, or innovate and collaborate? On innovation strategy choices in the urban economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Morten Berg & Johnson, Bjorn & Lorenz, Edward & Lundvall, Bengt Ake, 2007. "Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 680-693, June.
- Ragnhild Balsvik, 2011. "Is Labor Mobility a Channel for Spillovers from Multinationals? Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 285-297, February.
- Bernhard Dachs & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Why do Firms Co-operate for Innovation? - A comparison of Austrian and Finnish CIS 3 results," Discussion Paper Series 255, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- James D. Adams, 2002.
"Comparative localization of academic and industrial spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 253-278, July.
- James D. Adams, 2001. "Comparative Localization of Academic and Industrial Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 8292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Michael Fritsch, 2003.
"Does R&D-Cooperation Behavior Differ between Regions?,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 25-39.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2002. "Does R&D-cooperation behavior differ between regions?," Freiberg Working Papers 2002/04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Richard Shearmur, 2012. "The Geography of Intrametropolitan KIBS Innovation: Distinguishing Agglomeration Economies from Innovation Dynamics," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(11), pages 2331-2356, November.
- Asheim, Bjørn & Coenen, Lars & Moodysson, Jerker & Vang, Jan, 2005. "Regional Innovation System Policy: a Knowledge-based Approach," Papers in Innovation Studies 2005/13, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2013.
"Firm collaboration and modes of innovation in Norway,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 128-138.
- Rune Dahl Fitjar & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2011. "Firm collaboration and modes of innovation in Norway," Working Papers 2011-12, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2011. "Firm collaboration and modes of innovation in Norway," CEPR Discussion Papers 8484, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- P. N. O'Farrell & J. Zheng & P. A. Wood, 1996. "Internationalization of Business Services: An Interregional Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 101-118.
- B. Ebersberger & S. J. Herstad & C. Koller, 2014. "Does the composition of regional knowledge bases influence extra-regional collaboration for innovation?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 201-204, February.
- Alexander Oettl & Ajay Agrawal, 2008. "International labor mobility and knowledge flow externalities," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(8), pages 1242-1260, December.
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Peter Teirlinck & Andre Spithoven, 2008. "The Spatial Organization of Innovation: Open Innovation, External Knowledge Relations and Urban Structure," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 689-704.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Frenz, Marion & Ietto-Gillies, Grazia, 2009. "The impact on innovation performance of different sources of knowledge: Evidence from the UK Community Innovation Survey," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1125-1135, September.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, April.
- Richard Williams, 2006. "Generalized ordered logit/partial proportional odds models for ordinal dependent variables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(1), pages 58-82, March.
- Heidi Wiig Aslesen & Stig-Erik Jakobsen, 2007. "The Role Of Proximity And Knowledge Interaction Between Head Offices And Kibs," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 98(2), pages 188-201, April.
More about this item
Keywordsurbanization; innovation; collaboration; knowledge dynamics; Norway;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2015-02-22 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2015-02-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2015-02-22 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2015-02-22 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2015-02-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2015_008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.