The Entrepreneurial Rent: The Value of and Compensation for Entrepreneurship
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Magnus Henrekson & Mikael Stenkula, 2017. "The entrepreneurial rent: the value of and compensation for entrepreneurship," Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 11-25, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2013. "Small Business Activity Does not Measure Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series 959, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 26 Jan 2014.
- Aghion, Philippe & Akcigit, Ufuk & Bergeaud, Antonin & Blundell, Richard William & Hémous, David, 2015.
"Innovation and Top Income Inequality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10659, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Ufuk Akcigit & Antonin Bergeaud & Richard Blundell & David Hémous, 2015. "Innovation and Top Income Inequality," NBER Working Papers 21247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Richard Blundell & David Hemous & Antonin Bergeaud & Philippe Aghion, 2015. "Innovation and Top Income Inequality," 2015 Meeting Papers 1115, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- P. Aghion & U. Akcigit & A. Bergeaud & R. Blundell & D. Hémous, 2015. "Innovation and Top Income Inequality," Working papers 557, Banque de France.
- William J. Baumol, 2013. "The Microtheory of Innovative Entrepreneurship," Journal of Economic Sociology, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 96-108.
- Peter Lewin & Steven E. Phelan, 2002. "Rents and Resources: A Market Process Perspective," Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship and the Firm, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nelson, Richard R, 1973. "Recent Exercises in Growth Accounting: New Understanding or Dead End?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 462-468, June.
- Sharon A. Alvarez, "undated". "Two Theories of Entrepreneurship: Alternative Assumptions and the Study of Entrepreneurial Action," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-19, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Knudsen Thorbjørn & Swedberg Richard, 2009. "Capitalist Entrepreneurship: Making Profit through the Unmaking of Economic Orders," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, October.
- Alvarez, Sharon A., 2005. "Theories of Entrepreneurship: Alternative Assumptions and the Study of Entrepreneurial Action," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 1(3), pages 105-148, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Economic rent; Entrepreneurial rent; Innovation; Imitation;
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2016-07-16 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-INO-2016-07-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2016-07-16 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:iuiwop:1128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iuiiise.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.