Piracy, Music and Movies: A Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Adermon, Adrian & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2010. "Piracy, Music, and Movies: A Natural Experiment," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:13, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Adermon, Adrian & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2010. "Piracy, Music, And Movies: A Natural Experiment," Working Paper Series 2010:18, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Vany & W. Walls, 2007.
"Estimating the Effects of Movie Piracy on Box-office Revenue,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 291-301, June.
- W. D. Walls & A. DeVany, "undated". "Estimating the effects of movie piracy on box-office revenue," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Arnold & Éric Darmon & Sylvain Dejean & Thierry Pénard, 2014.
"Graduated Response Policy and the Behavior of Digital Pirates: Evidence from the French Three-strike (Hadopi) Law,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
201401, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Michael Arnold & Eric Darmon & Sylvain Dejean & Thierry Penard, 2014. "Graduated Response Policy and the Behavior of Digital Pirates: Evidence from the French Three-Strike (Hadopi) Law," Working Papers 14-07, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Brett Danaher & Michael D. Smith & Rahul Telang, 2014.
"Piracy and Copyright Enforcement Mechanisms,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 25-61.
- Éric Darmon & Thomas Le Texier, 2014. "Private or Public Law Enforcement? The Case of Digital Piracy Policies with Non-monitored Illegal Behaviors," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201403, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Handke, Christian & Girard, Yann & Mattes, Anselm, 2015. "Fördert das Urheberrecht Innovation? Eine empirische Untersuchung," Studien zum deutschen Innovationssystem 16-2015, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin.
- Christian Handke, 2013. "Empirical evidence on copyright," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Digital Creative Economy, chapter 22, pages 249-261 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Godefroy Nguyen & Sylvain Dejean & François Moreau, 2014.
"On the complementarity between online and offline music consumption: the case of free streaming,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(4), pages 315-330, November.
- Godefroy Dang Nguyen & Sylvain Dejean & François Moreau, 2014. "On the complementarity between online and offline music consumption: the case of free streaming," Post-Print hal-00973159, HAL.
- Adermon, Adrian & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2014. "Piracy and music sales: The effects of an anti-piracy law," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 90-106.
- Liang Che-Yuan & Nordin Mattias, 2013. "The Internet, News Consumption, and Political Attitudes – Evidence for Sweden," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1071-1093, September.
- Wojciech Hardy & Michal Krawczyk & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2015. "Friends or foes? A meta-analysis of the link between "online piracy" and sales of cultural goods," Working Papers 2015-23, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsCopyright protection; Piracy; File sharing; Music; Movies; IPRED; Natural experiment;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-11-06 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2010-11-06 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IPR-2010-11-06 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:iuiwop:0854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iuiiise.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.