The determinants of teacher mobility in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Böhlmark, Anders & Lindahl, Mikael, 2007. "The Impact of School Choice on Pupil Achievement, Segregation and Costs: Swedish Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 2786, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Don Boyd & Hamp Lankford & Susanna Loeb & Matthew Ronfeldt & Jim Wyckoff, 2011.
"The role of teacher quality in retention and hiring: Using applications to transfer to uncover preferences of teachers and schools,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(1), pages 88-110, December.
- Donald Boyd & Hamilton Lankford & Susanna Loeb & Matthew Ronfeldt & James Wyckoff, 2010. "The Role of Teacher Quality in Retention and Hiring: Using Applications-to-Transfer to Uncover Preferences of Teachers and Schools," NBER Working Papers 15966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dolton, Peter J & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1995. "Leaving Teaching in the UK: A Duration Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 431-444, March.
- Torberg Falch, 2011.
"Teacher Mobility Responses to Wage Changes: Evidence from a Quasi-natural Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 460-465, May.
- Torberg Falch, 2010. "Teacher mobility responses to wage changes: evidence from quasi-natural experiment," Working Paper Series 10910, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Li Feng, 2009. "Opportunity Wages, Classroom Characteristics, and Teacher Mobility," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 1165-1190, April.
- Cullen, Julie Berry & Jacob, Brian A. & Levitt, Steven D., 2005.
"The impact of school choice on student outcomes: an analysis of the Chicago Public Schools,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 729-760, June.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Brian Jacob & Steven Levitt, 2000. "The Impact of School Choice on Student Outcomes: An Analysis of the Chicago Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 7888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Dolton & Oscar D. Marcenaro‐Gutierrez, 2011. "If you pay peanuts do you get monkeys? A cross‐country analysis of teacher pay and pupil performance," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(01), pages 5-55, January.
- Peter Dolton & Wilbert van der Klaauw, 1999. "The Turnover of Teachers: A Competing Risks Explanation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 543-550, August.
- Barbieri, Gianna & Rossetti, Claudio & Sestito, Paolo, 2011. "The determinants of teacher mobility: Evidence using Italian teachers’ transfer applications," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1430-1444.
- Brewer, Dominic J, 1996. "Career Paths and Quit Decisions: Evidence from Teaching," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 313-339, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krzysztof Karbownik, 2016. "The Effects of Student Composition on Teacher Turnover: Evidence from an Admission Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 6133, CESifo Group Munich.
- Karbownik, Krzysztof, 2014. "Do changes in student quality affect teacher mobility? Evidence from an admission reform," Working Paper Series 2014:15, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
More about this item
KeywordsTeacher turnover; non-pecuniary factors; pecuniary factors;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2014-06-22 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2014-06-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2014-06-22 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ifauwp:2014_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Ghooloo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifagvse.html .