Corporate Social Responsibility In Japan: Analyzing The Participating Companies In Global Reporting Initiative
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Maignan & David A Ralston, 2002. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe and the U.S.: Insights from Businesses' Self-presentations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(3), pages 497-514, September.
- Wokutch, Richard E. & Shepard, Jon M., 1999. "The Maturing of the Japanese Economy: Corporate Social Responsibility Implications," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 527-540, July.
- Wendy Chapple & Andrew Cooke & Vaughan Galt & David Paton, 2001. "The determinants of voluntary investment decisions," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 453-463.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. Christopher Baughn & Nancy L. (Dusty) Bodie & John C. McIntosh, 2007. "Corporate social and environmental responsibility in Asian countries and other geographical regions," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 14(4), pages 189-205, September.
- Alexandra Cotae & Laura Bacali, 2017. "The influence of national culture on business organizations' commitment to environment sustainability in the European Union," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 14(2), pages 19-29, December.
- Yeh, Shu-Ling & Chen, Yu-Shan & Kao, Yi-Hui & Wu, Sou-Shan, 2014. "Obstacle factors of corporate social responsibility implementation: Empirical evidence from listed companies in Taiwan," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 313-326.
- Ki-Hoon Lee & David M. Herold, 2016. "Cultural relevance in corporate sustainability management: a comparison between Korea and Japan," Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Victor Kane & Altay Dikeç & Jin Yong Park, 2017. "Cross-National CSR Web Reporting: A Comparative Analysis of Multinational Corporations in the U.S. and South Korea," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(01), pages 1-28, March.
- Mohammad Badrul Haider & Kimitaka Nishitani, 2020. "Views of corporate managers on assurance of sustainability reporting: evidence from Japan," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Feng, Zhi-Yuan & Wang, Ming-Long & Huang, Hua-Wei, 2015. "Equity Financing and Social Responsibility: Further International Evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 247-280.
- Mingjun Hou & Heng Liu & Peihua Fan & Zelong Wei, 2016. "Does CSR practice pay off in East Asian firms? A meta-analytic investigation," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 195-228, March.
- Zhi-Yuan Feng & Ming-Long Wang & Hua-Wei Huang, 2014. "Research Note: Corporate Social Responsibility and Equity Financing in the Global Tourism Industry," Tourism Economics, , vol. 20(4), pages 869-883, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joseph A. Cazier & Benjamin B. M. Shao & Robert D. St. Louis, 2007. "Sharing information and building trust through value congruence," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 9(5), pages 515-529, November.
- Daewook Kim & Myung-Il Choi, 2013. "A Comparison of Young Publics’ Evaluations of Corporate Social Responsibility Practices of Multinational Corporations in the United States and South Korea," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 105-118, March.
- Zhonghua Zhao & Fanchen Meng & Yin He & Zhouyang Gu, 2019. "The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility on Competitive Advantage with Multiple Mediations from Social Capital and Dynamic Capabilities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Patrycja Hąbek & Radosław Wolniak, 2016. "Assessing the quality of corporate social responsibility reports: the case of reporting practices in selected European Union member states," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 399-420, January.
- Anna Pistoni & Lucrezia Songini & Oriana Perrone, 2016. "The how and why of a firm’s approach to CSR and sustainability: a case study of a large European company," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 655-685, September.
- Dolores Gallardo-Vázquez & Luis Enrique Valdez-Juárez & José Luis Lizcano-Álvarez, 2019. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Intellectual Capital: Sources of Competitiveness and Legitimacy in Organizations’ Management Practices," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-29, October.
- Amal Aouadi & Sylvain Marsat, 2018. "Do ESG Controversies Matter for Firm Value? Evidence from International Data," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(4), pages 1027-1047, September.
- Gordon Liu & Catherine Liston-Heyes & Wai-Wai Ko, 2010. "Employee Participation in Cause-Related Marketing Strategies: A Study of Management Perceptions from British Consumer Service Industries," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 195-210, March.
- Forest L. Reinhardt & Robert N. Stavins & Richard H. K. Vietor, 2008.
"Corporate Social Responsibility Through an Economic Lens,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(2), pages 219-239, Summer.
- Robert N. Stavins & Forest L. Reinhardt & Richard H. K. Vietor, 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility Through an Economic Lens," Working Papers 2008.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Forest L. Reinhardt & Robert N. Stavins & Richard H. K. Vietor, 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility Through an Economic Lens," NBER Working Papers 13989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhardt, Forest L. & Stavins, Robert N. & Vietor, Richard H.K., 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility Through an Economic Lens," Discussion Papers dp-08-12, Resources For the Future.
- Stavins, Robert & Reinhardt, Forest & Vietor, Richard, 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility through an Economic Lens," Working Paper Series rwp08-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hannu Schadewitz & Mikael Niskala, 2010. "Communication via responsibility reporting and its effect on firm value in Finland," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 17(2), pages 96-106, March.
- Sanghoon Lee & Eunil Park & Sang Jib Kwon & Angel P. Del Pobil, 2015. "Antecedents of Behavioral Intention to Use Mobile Telecommunication Services: Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility and Technology Acceptance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Kourula, Arno, 2010. "Corporate engagement with non-governmental organizations in different institutional contexts--A case study of a forest products company," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 395-404, October.
- Wendy Chapple & Jeremy Moon, 2007. "CSR agendas for Asia," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 14(4), pages 183-188, September.
- Giang N. T. Nguyen & Tapan Sarker, 2018. "Sustainable coffee supply chain management: a case study in Buon Me Thuot City, Daklak, Vietnam," International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Shelby D. Hunt, 2017. "Strategic marketing, sustainability, the triple bottom line, and resource-advantage (R-A) theory: Securing the foundations of strategic marketing theory and research," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 7(1), pages 52-66, June.
- Giorgia Nigri & Laura Michelini & Cecilia Grieco, 2017. "Social Impact And Online Communication In B-Corps," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 11(3), pages 87-104.
- Avinash Mulky, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility of the 100 largest Indian companies – an analysis of website communication," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 61(7), pages 2555-2560.
- Costa, Cláudia & Lages, Luis Filipe & Hortinha, Paula, 2015. "The bright and dark side of CSR in export markets: Its impact on innovation and performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 749-757.
- Renáta Myšková & Petr Hájek, 2018. "Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Text of Annual Reports—The Case of the IT Services Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Antonio Argandoña & Heidi Hoivik, 2009.
"Corporate Social Responsibility: One Size Does Not Fit All. Collecting Evidence from Europe,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 221-234, November.
- Argandoña, Antonio & von Weltzien Hoivik, Heidi, 2009. "Corporate social responsibility: One size does not fit all. Collecting evidence from Europe," IESE Research Papers D/834, IESE Business School.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate social responsibility (CSR); global reporting initiative (GRI); international comparison; Japan; system perspective;
All these keywords.
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:eijswp:0208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nanhee Lee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eihhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.