Linear and Non-linear Causality Test in a LSTAR model - wavelet decomposition in a non-linear environment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christoph Schleicher, 2002. "An Introduction to Wavelets for Economists," Staff Working Papers 02-3, Bank of Canada.
- Bell, David & Kay, Jim & Malley, Jim, 1996. "A non-parametric approach to non-linear causality testing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 7-18, April.
- Li, Jing, 2006. "Testing Granger Causality in the presence of threshold effects," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 771-780.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prasad Bal, Debi & Narayan Rath, Badri, 2015. "Nonlinear causality between crude oil price and exchange rate: A comparative study of China and India," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 149-156.
- Yii Siing Wong & Chong Mun Ho & Brian Dollery, 2012. "Impact of exchange rate volatility on import flows: the case of Malaysia and the United States," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(24), pages 2027-2034, December.
- Lim, Shiok Ye & Ho, Chong Mun, 2013. "Nonlinearity in ASEAN-5 export-led growth model: Empirical evidence from nonparametric approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 136-145.
More about this item
KeywordsGranger causality; LSTAR model; Wavelet multiresolution; Monte Carlo simulation;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.