Social Capital, Corruption and Economic Growth: Eastern and Western Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Fisman, Raymond & Gatti, Roberta, 2002.
"Decentralization and corruption: evidence across countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 325-345, March.
- Fisman, Raymond & Gatti, Roberta, 2000. "Decentralization and corruption - evidence across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2290, The World Bank.
- Svendsen, G.T., 1998. "Social Capital, Economic Growth and Transition Economies," Papers 98-2, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Paldam, Martin & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2000. "An essay on social capital: looking for the fire behind the smoke," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 339-366, June.
- Paldam, M. & Svendsen, G.T., 2000.
"Missing Social Capital and the Transition in Eastern Europe,"
00-5, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Paldam, Martin & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2000. "Missing social capital and the transition in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 00-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Hans Aage, 1997. "Institutions and Performance in Transition Economies," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 24, pages 125-144.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mobolaji ‘Hakeem Ishola, 2012. "Fighting corruption: an expectation augmented approach," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 133-147, May.
- Tuna, Emelj, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investments as Initiators of Change: The ”Swedmilk” dairy case- Reasons behind the failure," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116092, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dzialek, Jaroslaw, 2009. "Social capital and economic growth in Polish regions," MPRA Paper 18287, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; trust; public policy; corruption; economic growth; Eastern Europe; Western Europe;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-02-01 (European Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2004-02-01 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-POL-2004-02-01 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2004-02-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:aareco:2003_021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helle Vinbaek Stenholt). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nihhadk.html .