Report NEP-TRA-2004-02-01This is the archive for NEP-TRA, a report on new working papers in the area of Transition Economics. J. David Brown issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Pratibha Basrao, 2003. "The Impact of the Construction Sector in the Catching up Process of the Czech Republic and the Role of Labor Migration in that Context," NEURUS papers neurusp7, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2003. "Social Capital, Corruption and Economic Growth: Eastern and Western Europe," Working Papers 03-21, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle, 2004. "Economic Reforms and Productivity-Enhancing Reallocation in the Post-Soviet Transition," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-98, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Jiri Podpiera, 2003. "Does CPI Approximate Cost-of-Living?: Evidence from the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp214, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- S. Claeys & R. Vander Vennet, 2003. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe. Convergence to the West?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/203, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Pertti Haaparanta & Tuuli Juurikkala & Olga Lazareva & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya & Jukka Pirttilä & Laura Solanko, 2004. "Firms and public service provision in Russia," Macroeconomics 0401015, EconWPA.
- Natalia V. Smirnova, 2004. "Job search behavior of unemployed in Russia," Macroeconomics 0401012, EconWPA.
- Tim Krieger & Christoph Sauer, 2003. "Will Eastern European Migrants Happily Enter the German Pension System after the EU Eastern Enlargement?," Departmental Discussion Papers 118, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Toni Riipinen, 2004. "Energy market liberalisation in the FSU - simulations with the GTAP model," Macroeconomics 0401011, EconWPA.
- Polona Domadenik & Lubomir Lizal & Marko Pahor, 2003. "Effect of Enterpise Break-Ups on Performance: Case of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp216, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Jarko Fidrmuc & Ronald McDonald, 2004. "The monetary approach to exchange rates in the CEECs," Macroeconomics 0401013, EconWPA.
- Karen Chesnut, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Disintegration in Eastern Europe on Firms and Trade Patterns: An Exploration of the Effects and Policy Implications," NEURUS papers neurusp9, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Stepan Jurajda, 2003. "Does the Short Supply of College Education Bite?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp213, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Michael Funke & Holger Strulik, 2004. "Taxation, growth and welfare: Dynamic effects of Estonia’s 2000 income tax act," Macroeconomics 0401009, EconWPA.
- Michael Funke & Ralf Ruhwedel, 2004. "Trade, product variety and welfare: A quantitative assessment for the transition economies in Central and Eastern Europe," Macroeconomics 0401016, EconWPA.