Mobility and Human Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 1991. "The Economic Uses and Impact of International Remittances in Rural Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 695-722, July.
- Takashi Kurosaki, 2006. "Consumption vulnerability to risk in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 70-89.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Michael A. Quinn, 2006. "Relative Deprivation, Wage Differentials and Mexican Migration," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 135-153, February.
- Schiff, Maurice, 1994. "How trade, aid, and remittances affect international migration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1376, The World Bank.
- Miguel León-Ledesma & Matloob Piracha, 2001. "International Migration and the Role of Remittances in Eastern Europe," Studies in Economics 0113, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- G. Regmi & C. Tisdell, 2002. "Remitting Behaviour of Nepalese Rural-to-Urban Migrants: Implications for Theory and Policy," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 76-94.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dustmann, Christian & Okatenko, Anna, 2014.
"Out-migration, wealth constraints, and the quality of local amenities,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 52-63.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1313, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013017, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Ruyssen, Ilse & Salomone, Sara, 2018. "Female migration: A way out of discrimination?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 224-241.
- Guriev, Sergei & Vakulenko, Elena, 2015.
"Breaking out of poverty traps: Internal migration and interregional convergence in Russia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 633-649.
- Guriev, Sergei & Vakulenko, Elena, 2013. "Breaking out of poverty traps: Internal migration and interregional convergence in Russia," CEPR Discussion Papers 9675, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergei Guriev & Elena Vakulenko, 2015. "Breaking Out of Poverty Traps: Internal Migration and Interregional Convergence in Russia," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/29rpk7q0oq9, Sciences Po.
- Sergei Guriev & Elena S. Vakulenko, 2015. "Breaking Out Of Poverty Traps: Internal Migration And Interregional Convergence In Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 88/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Dekker, Bram & Siegel, Melissa, 2013. "Transnationalism and integration: Complements or Substitutes?," MERIT Working Papers 071, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
Keywordshuman development; human mobility; migration; poverty;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:papers:hdrp-2009-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hdundus.html .