A Structural Critique of Consumption: Inequality, Globalization and the Aspirational Gap
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Jun 1998|
|Publication status:||Published as background research for the 1998 Human Development Report.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 304 E 45th Street, FF-12th Floor, New York, NY, 10017|
Web page: http://hdr.undp.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Congleton, Roger D., 1989. "Efficient status seeking: Externalities, and the evolution of status games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 175-190, March.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1993. "Demand for social status and the dynamics of consumer behavior," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 105-113.
- James, Jeffrey, 1987. "Positional goods, conspicuous consumption and the international demonstration effect reconsidered," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 449-462, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:hdocpa:hdocpa-1998-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.