Demand for social status and the dynamics of consumer behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1989. "Property relations and economic development: The other land reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 867-877, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chao, Angela & Schor, Juliet B., 1998. "Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 107-131, February.
- Ahmad Naimzada & Marina Pireddu, 2013. "A positional game for an overlapping generation economy," Working Papers 247, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Mann, Stefan & Wustemann, Henry, 2008. "Multifunctionality and a new focus on externalities," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 293-307, February.
- Ahmed, Jubayer, 2015. "You Are What You Consume," MPRA Paper 64806, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juliet Schor, 1998. "A Structural Critique of Consumption: Inequality, Globalization and the Aspirational Gap," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1998-17, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Kovács, Kármen, 2011.
"Az egyszerre érvényesülő társadalmi externáliák hatásai a státusjavak keresletére
[The effects on the demand for status goods exerted by single-occasion social externals]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 314-332.
- Andreas Reinstaller & Bulat Sanditov, 2003.
"Social norms and equality of opportunity in conspicuous consumption: on the diffusion of consumer good innovation,"
geewp29, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Reinstaller, Andreas & Sanditov, Bulat, 2003. "Social norms and equality of opportunity in conspicuous consumption: on the diffusion of consumer good innovation," Research Memorandum 017, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:22:y:1993:i:2:p:105-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .