Does Trust in Home Countries Matter for Formal Remittances?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farid Makhlouf & Kamal Kasmaoui & Johanna Edelbloude, 2019. "Voting With The Wallet: The Response of Remittances to Political Systems," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1639-1650.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Kamal Kasmaoui & Mazhar Mughal & Jamal Bouoiyour, 2018.
"Does Trust Influence Economic Growth? Evidence from the Arab World,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(2), pages 880-891.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Kamal Kasmaoui & Mazhar Yasin Mughal, 2018. "Does trust influence economic growth? Evidence from the Arab World," Post-Print hal-01879669, HAL.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Who trusts others?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-234, August.
- Edelbloude, Johanna & Fontan Sers, Charlotte & Makhlouf, Farid, 2017. "Do remittances respond to revolutions? The Evidence from Tunisia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 94-101.
- Abdih, Yasser & Chami, Ralph & Dagher, Jihad & Montiel, Peter, 2012.
"Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 657-666.
- Jihad Dagher & Ralph Chami & Peter J Montiel & Yasser Abdih, 2008. "Remittances and Institutions; Are Remittances a Curse?," IMF Working Papers 2008/029, International Monetary Fund.
- Yasser Abdih & Jihad Dagher & Peter Montiel, 2010. "Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?," Center for Development Economics 2010-08, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Yasser Abdih & Jihad Dagher & Peter Montiel, 2010. "Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-13, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Berdiev, Aziz N. & Kim, Yoonbai & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2013. "Remittances and corruption," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 182-185.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Institutions; Social Capital; Interpersonal Trust;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2020-09-07 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SOC-2020-09-07 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-02886563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.