Are free land arrangement really free? An exploration into land arrangements made by rural-urban migrants in the Northeast of Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Avner Offer, 1997.
"Between the gift and the market: the economy of regard,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 50(3), pages 450-476, August.
- Avner Offer, 1996. "Between the gift and the market: the economy of regard," Oxford Economic and Social History Working Papers _003, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Matthieu Delpierre & Catherine Guirkinger & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2019.
"Risk as Impediment to Privatization? The Role of Collective Fields in Extended Agricultural Households,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(4), pages 863-905.
- Matthieu Delpierre & Catherine Guirkinger & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2012. "Risk as Impediment to Privatization? The Role of Collective Fields in Extended Agricultural Households," Working Papers 1211, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Delpierre, Matthieu & Guirkinger, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2017. "Risk as Impediment to Privatization? The Role of Collective Fields in Extended Agricultural Households," CEPR Discussion Papers 12344, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2007. "Role of risk sharing and transaction costs in contract choice: Theory and evidence from groundwater contracts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 475-496, July.
- J.-P. Colin & M. Ayouz, 2006. "The development of a land market? Insights from Côte d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-00719280, HAL.
- Berry, Sara, 1997. "Tomatoes, land and hearsay: Property and history in asante in the time of structural adjustment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1225-1241, August.
- Gershon Feder & Tongroj Onchan, 1987. "Land Ownership Security and Farm Investment in Thailand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(2), pages 311-320.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Colin, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "Disentangling intra-kinship property rights in land: a contribution of economic ethnography to land economics in Africa," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 231-254, August.
- Gwendoline Promsopha, 2013. "Migration permanente, vente de terre et gestion informelle des risques de subsistance," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 64(3), pages 505-517.
- Gwendoline Promsopha, 2015.
"Land Ownership as Insurance and the Market for Land: A Study in Rural Vietnam,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(3), pages 460-478.
- Gwendoline Promsopha, 2015. "Land Ownership as Insurance and the Market for Land: A study in Rural Vietnam," Post-Print hal-01189580, HAL.
- A. Colin Cameron & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2010. "Microeconometrics Using Stata, Revised Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number musr, April.
- Jean-Philippe Colin & Mourad Ayouz, 2006. "The Development of a Land Market? Insights from Côte d’Ivoire," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(3), pages 404-423.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Chuma, Hiroyuki & Hayami, Yujiro, 1992. "Land and Labor Contracts in Agrarian Economies: Theories and Facts," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1965-2018, December.
- Chalamwong, Yongyuth & Feder, Gershon, 1988. "The Impact of Landownership Security: Theory and Evidence from Thailand," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 187-204, May.
- J.-P. Colin & M. Ayouz, 2006. "The development of a land market? Insights from Côte d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-00716385, HAL.
- Braverman, Avishay & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1982. "Sharecropping and the Interlinking of Agrarian Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 695-715, September.
- North, Douglass C., 1984. "Government and the Cost of Exchange in History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 255-264, June.
- Mintewab Bezabih, 2009. "Heterogeneous Risk Preferences, Discount Rates and Land Contract Choice in Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 402-418, June.
- Avner Greif, 2002. "Institutions and Impersonal Exchange: From Communal to Individual Responsibility," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(1), pages 168-204, March.
- Leah Vanwey, 2004. "Altruistic and contractual remittances between male and female migrants and households in rural Thailand," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(4), pages 739-756, November.
More about this item
KeywordsLand arrangement; property rights; migration; Thailand; land markets; land title;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-09-10 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2017-09-10 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2017-09-10 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01565843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .