The Indirect Continuous-GMM Estimation
A curse of dimensionality arises when using the Continuum-GMM procedure to estimate large dimensional models. Two solutions are proposed, both of which convert the high di- mensional model into a continuum of reduced information sets. Under certain regularity conditions, each reduced information set can be used to produce a consistent estimator of the parameter of interest. An indirect CGMM estimator is obtained by optimally aggregating all such consistent estimators. The simulation results suggest that the indirect CGMM procedure makes an e¢ cient use of the information content of moment restrictions
|Date of creation:||30 Sep 2013|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00867804|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Manuel A. Domínguez & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2004. "Consistent Estimation of Models Defined by Conditional Moment Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1601-1615, 09.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," DISA Working Papers 0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Antoine, Bertille & Lavergne, Pascal, 2014. "Conditional moment models under semi-strong identification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 59-69.
- Bertille Antoine & Pascal Lavergne, 2011. "Conditional Moment Models under Semi-Strong Identification," Discussion Papers dp11-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University, revised Dec 2012.
- Knight, John L. & Yu, Jun, 2002. "Empirical Characteristic Function In Time Series Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 691-721, June.
- Knight, John & Yu, Jun, 1999. "Empirical Characteristic Function in Time Series Estimation," Working Papers 220, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Jiang, George J & Knight, John L, 2002. "Estimation of Continuous-Time Processes via the Empirical Characteristic Function," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 198-212, April.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Gautam Tripathi & Hyungtaik Ahn, 2004. "Empirical Likelihood-Based Inference in Conditional Moment Restriction Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1667-1714, November.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Gautam Tripathi & Hyungtaik Ahn, 2001. "Empirical Likelihood-Based Inference in Conditional Moment Restriction Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-124, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-966, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Li, Junye & Favero, Carlo & Ortu, Fulvio, 2012. "A spectral estimation of tempered stable stochastic volatility models and option pricing," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3645-3658.
- Junye Lia & Carlo Favero & Fulvio Ortu, 2010. "A Spectral Estimation of Tempered Stable Stochastic Volatility Models and Option Pricing," Working Papers 370, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Jun Yu, 2004. "Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation and Its Applications," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 93-123.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2013. "Smooth minimum distance estimation and testing with conditional estimating equations: Uniform in bandwidth theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 47-59.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2013. "Smooth Minimum Distance Estimation and Testing with Conditional Estimating Equations: Uniform in Bandwidth Theory," TSE Working Papers 13-404, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Pascal Lavergne & Valentin Patilea, 2008. "Smooth Minimum Distance Estimation and Testing in Conditional Moment Restrictions Models: Uniform in Bandwidth Theory," Discussion Papers dp08-08, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre, 2000. "Generalization Of Gmm To A Continuum Of Moment Conditions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 797-834, December.
- Kotchoni, Rachidi, 2012. "Applications of the characteristic function-based continuum GMM in finance," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3599-3622.
- Rachidi Kotchoni, 2012. "Applications of the Characteristic Function Based Continuum GMM in Finance," Post-Print hal-00867795, HAL.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Renault, Eric, 2007. "Linear Inverse Problems in Structural Econometrics Estimation Based on Spectral Decomposition and Regularization," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 77 Elsevier.
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhail & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2007. "Efficient estimation of general dynamic models with a continuum of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 529-573, October.
- Singleton, Kenneth J., 2001. "Estimation of affine asset pricing models using the empirical characteristic function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 111-141, May.
- Cragg, John G, 1983. "More Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 751-763, May.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00867804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.