The indirect continuous-GMM estimation
A curse of dimensionality arises when using the Continuum-GMM procedure to estimate large dimensional models. Two solutions are proposed, both of which convert the high dimensional model into a continuum of reduced information sets. Under certain regularity conditions, each reduced information set can be used to produce a consistent estimator of the parameter of interest. An indirect CGMM estimator is obtained by optimally aggregating all such consistent estimators. The simulation results suggest that the indirect CGMM procedure makes an efficient use of the information content of moment restrictions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jiang, George J & Knight, John L, 2002. "Estimation of Continuous-Time Processes via the Empirical Characteristic Function," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 198-212, April.
- Bertille Antoine & Pascal Lavergne, 2011.
"Conditional Moment Models under Semi-Strong Identification,"
dp11-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University, revised Dec 2012.
- Antoine, Bertille & Lavergne, Pascal, 2014. "Conditional moment models under semi-strong identification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 59-69.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," DISA Working Papers 0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Singleton, Kenneth J., 2001. "Estimation of affine asset pricing models using the empirical characteristic function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 111-141, May.
- Knight, John L. & Yu, Jun, 2002. "Empirical Characteristic Function In Time Series Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 691-721, June.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990.
"An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-66, July.
- Cragg, John G, 1983. "More Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 751-63, May.
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Junye Lia & Carlo Favero & Fulvio Ortu, 2010.
"A Spectral Estimation of Tempered Stable Stochastic Volatility Models and Option Pricing,"
370, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Li, Junye & Favero, Carlo & Ortu, Fulvio, 2012. "A spectral estimation of tempered stable stochastic volatility models and option pricing," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3645-3658.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Gautam Tripathi & Hyungtaik Ahn, 2001.
"Empirical Likelihood-Based Inference in Conditional Moment Restriction Models,"
CIRJE-F-124, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Gautam Tripathi & Hyungtaik Ahn, 2004. "Empirical Likelihood-Based Inference in Conditional Moment Restriction Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1667-1714, November.
- Rachidi Kotchoni, 2012.
"Applications of the Characteristic Function Based Continuum GMM in Finance,"
- Kotchoni, Rachidi, 2012. "Applications of the characteristic function-based continuum GMM in finance," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3599-3622.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2013. "Smooth minimum distance estimation and testing with conditional estimating equations: Uniform in bandwidth theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 47-59.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2013. "Smooth Minimum Distance Estimation and Testing with Conditional Estimating Equations: Uniform in Bandwidth Theory," TSE Working Papers 13-404, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhail & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2007. "Efficient estimation of general dynamic models with a continuum of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 529-573, October.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Renault, Eric, 2007. "Linear Inverse Problems in Structural Econometrics Estimation Based on Spectral Decomposition and Regularization," Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 77 Elsevier.
- Manuel A. Domínguez & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2004. "Consistent Estimation of Models Defined by Conditional Moment Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1601-1615, 09.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre, 2000. "Generalization Of Gmm To A Continuum Of Moment Conditions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 797-834, December.
- Jun Yu, 2004. "Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation and Its Applications," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 93-123.
- Pascal Lavergne & Valentin Patilea, 2008. "Smooth Minimum Distance Estimation and Testing in Conditional Moment Restrictions Models: Uniform in Bandwidth Theory," Discussion Papers dp08-08, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:76:y:2014:i:c:p:464-488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.