Empirical Characteristic Function In Time Series Estimation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Knight, John & Yu, Jun, 1999. "Empirical Characteristic Function in Time Series Estimation," Working Papers 220, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. FAN & Wolfgang HÄRDLE & Enno MAMMEN, 1996. "Direct estimation of low dimensional components in additive models," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,17, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & O. LINTON, 1995. "Nonparametric Regression," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,29, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1994.
"Kernel Estimation of Partial Means and a General Variance Estimator,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 1-21, June.
- Newey, W.K., 1992. "Kernel Estimation of Partial Means and a General Variance Estimator," Working papers 93-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel & Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "A Survey of Functional Forms in the Economic Analysis of Production," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 4 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Laurits R. Christensen, 1973. "The Internal Structure of Functional Relationships: Separability, Substitution, and Aggregation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 403-410.
- Denny, Michael & Fuss, Melvyn A, 1977. "The Use of Approximation Analysis to Test for Separability and the Existence of Consistent Aggregates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 404-418, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Knight & Stephen Satchell, 2008.
"Testing for infinite order stochastic dominance with applications to finance, risk and income inequality,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(1), pages 35-46, January.
- Knight, J. & Satchell, S., 1999. "Testing for Infinite Order Stochastic Dominance with Applications to Finance, Risk and Income Inequality," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9911, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," DISA Working Papers 0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight & Tony S. Wirjanto, 2011.
"Asymmetric Stochastic Conditional Duration Model--A Mixture-of-Normal Approach,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(3), pages 469-488, Summer.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight & Tony S. Wirjanto, 2008. "Asymmetric Stochastic Conditional Duration Model --A Mixture of Normals Approach"," Working Papers 08007, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Kotchoni, Rachidi, 2012.
"Applications of the characteristic function-based continuum GMM in finance,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3599-3622.
- Rachidi Kotchoni, 2012. "Applications of the Characteristic Function Based Continuum GMM in Finance," Post-Print hal-00867795, HAL.
- Robert Elliott & Carlton-James Osakwe, 2006. "Option Pricing for Pure Jump Processes with Markov Switching Compensators," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 250-275, April.
- Carmen Broto & Esther Ruiz, 2004.
"Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 613-649, December.
- Broto, Carmen & Ruiz, Esther, 2002. "Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws025414, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight, 2011.
"Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of Mixtures of Normal Parameters,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 25-50.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight, 2008. "Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of Mixtures of Normal Parameters," Working Papers 08006, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Chausse & Dinghai Xu, 2012. "GMM Estimation of a Stochastic Volatility Model with Realized Volatility: A Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 1203, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised May 2012.
- Michael Rockinger & Maria Semenova, 2005. "Estimation of Jump-Diffusion Process vis Empirical Characteristic Function," FAME Research Paper Series rp150, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Dinghai Xu & Tony S. Wirjanto, 2008. "An Empirical Characteristic Function Approach to VaR under a Mixture of Normal Distribution with Time-Varying Volatility," Working Papers 08008, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Maria P. Braun & Simos G. Meintanis & Viatcheslav B. Melas, 2008. "Optimal Design Approach to GMM Estimation of Parameters Based on Empirical Transforms," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(3), pages 387-400, December.
- Ishioka, Takahide & Kawamura, Shunsuke & Amano, Tomoyuki & Taniguchi, Masanobu, 2009. "Spectral analysis for intrinsic time processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(23), pages 2389-2396, December.
- Jentsch, Carsten & Leucht, Anne & Meyer, Marco & Beering, Carina, 2016. "Empirical characteristic functions-based estimation and distance correlation for locally stationary processes," Working Papers 16-15, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George & Grynkiv, Iaryna, 2011.
"Realized Laplace transforms for estimation of jump diffusive volatility models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 367-381, October.
- Viktor Todorov & Iaryna Grynkiv & George Tauchen, 2010. "Realized Laplace Transforms for Estimation of Jump Diffusive Volatility Models," Working Papers 10-75, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Chihwa Kao & Yongmiao Hong, 2004. "Detecting Neglected Nonlinearity in Dynamic Panel Data with Time-Varying Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 753, Econometric Society.
- Stojanović, Vladica S. & Popović, Biljana Č. & Milovanović, Gradimir V., 2016. "The Split-SV model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 560-581.
- Kotchoni, Rachidi, 2014. "The indirect continuous-GMM estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 464-488.
- Emanuele Taufer, 2008. "Characteristic function estimation of non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes," DISA Working Papers 0805, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 07 Jul 2008.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Panayotov, George, 2010. "First-passage probability, jump models, and intra-horizon risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 20-40, January.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2012. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stochastic frontier models by the Fourier transform," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 234-248.
- Dinghai Xu, 2012. "Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of GARCH Models," Working Papers 1204, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised May 2012.
- Dinghai Xu, 2009. "The Applications of Mixtures of Normal Distributions in Empirical Finance: A Selected Survey," Working Papers 0904, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2009.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:18:y:2002:i:03:p:691-721_18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.