Les modèles de comportements adaptatifs appliqués à l'oligopole de Cournot
This paper examines a recurrent oligopoly game, where firms imitate the most successful behaviors in their memory. We intend to characterize stochastically stable states. Several models are considered which differ in the specification of players' memory. We note that the specification of memory plays a key role in the selection of the stochastically stable states. Moreover, in most cases, the Cournot-Nash equilibrium is not the unique stochastically stable state, and there exist cases where this equilibrium does not belong to the set of stochastically stable states.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue d Economie Industrielle -Paris- Editions Techniques et Economiques-, Publiee Avec le Concours du C.N.R.S., 2006, pp.161-183|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal-ujm.archives-ouvertes.fr/ujm-00121658|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B. & Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner, 2000.
"An Evolutionary Model of Bertrand Oligopoly,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, October.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026272040x, June.
- Fernando Vega-Redondo, 1997.
"The Evolution of Walrasian Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Cheng-Zhong Qin & Charles Stuart, 1997. "Bertrand versus Cournot revisited," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 497-507.
- Burkhard C. Schipper, 2004.
"Submodularity and the evolution of Walrasian behavior,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 471-477, 08.
- Burkhard Schipper, 2002. "Submodularity and the Evolution of Walrasian Behavior," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse4_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Josephson, Jens & Matros, Alexander, 2000.
"Stochastic Imitation in Finite Games,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
363, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 26 Nov 2002.
- Rhode, Paul & Stegeman, Mark, 2001. "Non-Nash equilibria of Darwinian dynamics with applications to duopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 415-453, March.
- R. D. Theocharis, 1960. "On the Stability of the Cournot Solution on the Oligopoly Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 133-134.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2001. "Evolution to equilibrium in an asymmetric oligopoly with differentiated goods," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1423-1440, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:ujm-00121658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.