Motivations and barriers to crowdlending as a tool for diasporic entrepreneurial finance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Ramamurti, 2004. "Developing countries and MNEs: extending and enriching the research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(4), pages 277-283, July.
- Ajay Agrawal & Christian Catalini & Avi Goldfarb, 2014.
"Some Simple Economics of Crowdfunding,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 63-97.
- Aki Harima & Maria Elo & JÃ¶rg Freiling, 2016. "Rich-to-poor diaspora ventures: how do they survive?," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 28(4), pages 391-413.
- Kate Gillespie & Liesl Riddle & Edward Sayre & David Sturges, 1999. "Diaspora Interest in Homeland Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(3), pages 623-634, September.
- Cécile Fonrouge, 2017. "Crowdfunding Et Diasporas : Le Financement Participatif Vient-Il Remettre En Cause Les Acteurs Du Financement Diasporique ?," Post-Print hal-01555251, HAL.
- Cécile Fonrouge, 2017. "Crowdfunding et diasporas?: le financement participatif vient-il remettre en cause les acteurs du financement diasporique'," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 211-231.
- Daniela Bolzani & Cristina Boari, 2018. "Evaluations of export feasibility by immigrant and non-immigrant entrepreneurs in new technology-based firms," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 176-209, June.
- Chung, Henry F.L. & Tung, Rosalie L., 2013. "Immigrant social networks and foreign entry: Australia and New Zealand firms in the European Union and Greater China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 18-31.
- Riddle, Liesl & Hrivnak, George A. & Nielsen, Tjai M., 2010. "Transnational diaspora entrepreneurship in emerging markets: Bridging institutional divides," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 398-411, December.
- Raymond Fisman & Daniel Paravisini & Vikrant Vig, 2017.
"Cultural Proximity and Loan Outcomes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(2), pages 457-492, February.
- Raymond Fisman & Daniel Paravisini & Vikrant Vig, 2012. "Cultural Proximity and Loan Outcomes," Working Papers id:5036, eSocialSciences.
- Fisman, Raymond & Paravisini, Daniel & Vig, Vikrant, 2017. "Cultural proximity and loan outcomes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67376, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Raymond Fisman & Daniel Paravisini & Vikrant Vig, 2012. "Cultural Proximity and Loan Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 18096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ajay Agrawal & Christian Catalini & Avi Goldfarb, 2015. "Crowdfunding: Geography, Social Networks, and the Timing of Investment Decisions," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 253-274, June.
- Paul Belleflamme & Thomas Lambert & Armin Schwienbacher, 2013. "Individual crowdfunding practices," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 313-333, October.
- Mingfeng Lin & Siva Viswanathan, 2016. "Home Bias in Online Investments: An Empirical Study of an Online Crowdfunding Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(5), pages 1393-1414, May.
- Muzychenko, Olga, 2008. "Cross-cultural entrepreneurial competence in identifying international business opportunities," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 366-377, December.
- Riddle, Liesl & Brinkerhoff, Jennifer, 2011. "Diaspora entrepreneurs as institutional change agents: The case of Thamel.com," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 670-680.
- Masaaki Kotabe & Liesl Riddle & Petra Sonderegger & Florian Taübe, 2013.
"Diaspora Investment and Entrepreneurship: The Role of People, their Movements, and Capital in the International Economy,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/206785, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Masaaki Kotabe & Liesl Riddle & Petra Sonderegger & Florian Taübe, 2013. "Diaspora Investment and Entrepreneurship: The Role of People, Their Movements, and Capital in the International Economy," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206764, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- David Bounie & Dana Diminescu & Abel François, 2013. "On the Effect of Mobile Phone on Migrant Remittances: A Closer Look at International Transfers," Post-Print hal-02286506, HAL.
- Paul L. Freedman & Reid W. Click, 2006. "Banks That Don't Lend? Unlocking Credit to Spur Growth in Developing Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 279-302, May.
- Mollick, Ethan, 2014. "The dynamics of crowdfunding: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Oswald, Eva-Maria, 2016. "Repayment behavior in peer-to-peer microfinancing: Empirical evidence from Kiva," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 45-59.
More about this item
Keywordscrowdlending; crowdfunding; entrepreneurial finance; microlending; entrepreneurship; migration; diasporic investment; diasporan; diaspora; transnational; diasporic finance; developing countries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PAY-2019-04-15 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-02077559. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.