Diaspora entrepreneurs as institutional change agents: The case of Thamel.com
Diasporans are migrants and their descendants who maintain a relationship to their country of origin (Safran, 1991). Diasporans who establish new ventures in their countries of origin comprise a special case of international ethnic entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 20 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravi Ramamurti, 2004. "Developing countries and MNEs: extending and enriching the research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 277-283, July.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro, 2002. "Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 635-646, December.
- Szyliowicz, Dara & Galvin, Tiffany, 2010. "Applying broader strokes: Extending institutional perspectives and agendas for international entrepreneurship research," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 317-332, August.
- Dai, Ou & Liu, Xiaohui, 2009. "Returnee entrepreneurs and firm performance in Chinese high-technology industries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 373-386, August.
- Riddle, Liesl & Hrivnak, George A. & Nielsen, Tjai M., 2010. "Transnational diaspora entrepreneurship in emerging markets: Bridging institutional divides," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 398-411, December.
- Peter J Buckley & Jeremy Clegg & Chengqi Wang, 2002. "The Impact of Inward FDI on the Performance of Chinese Manufacturing Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(4), pages 637-655, December.
- Chuck C Y Kwok & Solomon Tadesse, 2006. "The MNC as an agent of change for host-country institutions: FDI and corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(6), pages 767-785, November.
- Brinkerhoff, Derick W. & Goldsmith, Arthur A., 1992. "Promoting the sustainability of development institutions: A framework for strategy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 369-383, March.
- De Clercq, Dirk & Danis, Wade M. & Dakhli, Mourad, 2010. "The moderating effect of institutional context on the relationship between associational activity and new business activity in emerging economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 85-101, February.
- Nugent, Jeffrey B., 1993. "Between state, markets and households: A neoinstitutional analysis of local organizations and institutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 623-632, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:20:y:2011:i:6:p:670-680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.