Diaspora entrepreneurs as institutional change agents: The case of Thamel.com
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Ramamurti, 2004. "Developing countries and MNEs: extending and enriching the research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(4), pages 277-283, July.
- Chuck C Y Kwok & Solomon Tadesse, 2006. "The MNC as an agent of change for host-country institutions: FDI and corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 767-785, November.
- De Clercq, Dirk & Danis, Wade M. & Dakhli, Mourad, 2010. "The moderating effect of institutional context on the relationship between associational activity and new business activity in emerging economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 85-101, February.
- Nugent, Jeffrey B., 1993.
"Between state, markets and households: A neoinstitutional analysis of local organizations and institutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 623-632, April.
- Nugent, J.B., 1992. "Between State, Markets and Households: A Neoinstitutional Analysis of Local Organizations and Institutions," Papers 9207, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro, 2002. "Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 635-646, December.
- Brinkerhoff, Derick W. & Goldsmith, Arthur A., 1992. "Promoting the sustainability of development institutions: A framework for strategy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 369-383, March.
- Riddle, Liesl & Hrivnak, George A. & Nielsen, Tjai M., 2010. "Transnational diaspora entrepreneurship in emerging markets: Bridging institutional divides," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 398-411, December.
- Szyliowicz, Dara & Galvin, Tiffany, 2010. "Applying broader strokes: Extending institutional perspectives and agendas for international entrepreneurship research," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 317-332, August.
- Dai, Ou & Liu, Xiaohui, 2009. "Returnee entrepreneurs and firm performance in Chinese high-technology industries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 373-386, August.
- Peter J Buckley & Jeremy Clegg & Chengqi Wang, 2002. "The Impact of Inward FDI on the Performance of Chinese Manufacturing Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(4), pages 637-655, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jimmy Ellya KURNIAWAN & Fendy SUHARIADI & Cholicul HADI, 2017. "The Impact Of School Corporate Cultures On Teachers Entrepreneurial Orientation. The Mediating Role Of Readiness For Change," Expert Journal of Business and Management, Sprint Investify, vol. 5(1), pages 22-31.
- Rana, Mohammad B. & Elo, Maria, 2017. "Transnational Diaspora and Civil Society Actors Driving MNE Internationalisation: The Case of Grameenphone in Bangladesh," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 87-106.
- Moeller, Miriam & Harvey, Michael & Griffith, David & Richey, Glenn, 2013. "The impact of country-of-origin on the acceptance of foreign subsidiaries in host countries: An examination of the ‘liability-of-foreignness’," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-99.
- Welter, Friederike & Smallbone, David, 2015. "Creative forces for entrepreneurship: The role of institutional change agents," Working Papers 01/15, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:3:y:2015:i:3:p:95-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:33:y:2018:i:3:p:241-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Elo, 2015. "Diaspora networks in international business: a review on an emerging stream of research," Chapters,in: Handbook on International Alliance and Network Research, chapter 1, pages 13-41 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria Elo, 2016. "Typology of diaspora entrepreneurship: Case studies in Uzbekistan," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 121-155, March.
- Aki Harima, 2015. "Motivation of Japanese Descending Diaspora Entrepreneurs (Motywacja przedsiebiorcow diaspory japonskiej bedacych potomkami emigrantow)," Research Reports, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(19), pages 22-36.
More about this item
KeywordsEthnic entrepreneurship; International entrepreneurship; Diaspora; Developing countries; Institutional change; Institutional theory; Nepal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:20:y:2011:i:6:p:670-680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.