Pouvoir et coopération dans la firme et entre les firmes
In this article, the objective is triple. First of all, we propose a renewed theoretical framework of power relationships, which takes into account certain approaches to organization theory (notably the resource dependence-based view), in order to help to fill the conceptual vacuum left by the theorists of the firm. Then, it is argued that power represents the methodological key needed by economists to analyze the emergence of intra-firm cooperation and of collective social identity in the employment relationship. Lastly, the focus is on the analysis of inter-firm cooperation (subcontracting relationship) to put forward the cohesive role of power in the network-firm and to compare the internal and external governance structures of power relationships.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Économies et sociétés, Développement, croissance et progrès - Presses de l'ISMEA - Paris, 2012, Série Economie du Travail (AB), pp.1183-1210|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00818301|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1997.
"Power in a Theory of the Firm,"
NBER Working Papers
6274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998. "Power in a Theory of the Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 1777, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Power in a Theory of the Firm," CRSP working papers 335, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2011.
"The Network Firm as a Single Real Entity: Beyond the Aggregate of Distinct Legal Entities,"
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2011. "The Network Firm as a Single Real Entity: Beyond the Aggregate of Distinct Legal Entities," Journal of Economic Issues, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 45(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2008. "The Network-Firm as a Single Real Entity: Beyond the Aggregate of Distinct Legal Entities," Post-Print halshs-00374978, HAL.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2011.
"The law and economics of the modern firm: a new governance structure of power relationships,"
Revue d'économie industrielle,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 25-50.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2011. "The law and economics of the modern firm: a new governance structure of power relationships," Post-Print halshs-01371969, HAL.
- John B. Davis, 2005.
"Social Identity Strategies in Recent Economics,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
05-078/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes,"
in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 16, pages 267-297
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2007. "Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 1-31, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2010. "Firme (-réseau) et relations de pouvoir : une analyse théorique," Post-Print halshs-01371993, HAL.
- Silvia Sacchetti & Roger Sugden, 2003. "The Governance of Networks and Economic Power: The Nature and Impact of Subcontracting Relationships," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 669-692, December.
- Virgile Chassagnon & Bernard Baudry, 2010.
"The close relation between organization theory and Oliver Williamson's transaction cost economics: a theory of the firm perspective,"
- Baudry, Bernard & Chassagnon, Virgile, 2010. "The close relation between organization theory and Oliver Williamson's transaction cost economics: a theory of the firm perspective," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 477-503, December.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2011. "Organisation et institution: vers une socioe´conomie de la firme?," Post-Print halshs-01371977, HAL.
- Masten, Scott E, 1988. "A Legal Basis for the Firm," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 181-198, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00818301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.