Freight distribution systems with cross-docking: a multidisciplinary analysis
Freight transport constitutes one of the main activities that influences economy and society, as it assures a vital link between suppliers and customers and it represents a major source of employment. Multi-echelon distribution is one of the most common strategies adopted by the transport companies in an aim of cost reduction. This paper presents the main concepts of multi-echelon distribution with cross-docks through a multidisciplinary analysis that includes an optimisation study (using both exact and heuristic methods), a geographic approach (based on the concept of accessibility) and a socio-economic analysis. a conceptual framework for logistics and transport pooling systems, as well as a simulation method for strategic planning optimisation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, 2012, 51 (1), pp.93-109|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00498496v3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klose, Andreas & Drexl, Andreas, 2005. "Facility location models for distribution system design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 4-29, April.
- Gerdessen, Johanna C., 1996. "Vehicle routing problem with trailers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 135-147, August.
- Jacobsen, S. K. & Madsen, O. B. G., 1980. "A comparative study of heuristics for a two-level routing-location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 5(6), pages 378-387, December.
- Charles Raux & Louis Alligier & Daniel Danau, 2007. "Simulation d'un marché de permis d'émission de CO2 dans le transport de marchandises. Rapport final," Post-Print halshs-00286000, HAL.
- Soltani, Roya & Sadjadi, Seyed Jafar, 2010. "Scheduling trucks in cross-docking systems: A robust meta-heuristics approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 650-666, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00498496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.