Freight distribution systems with cross-docking: a multidisciplinary analysis
Freight transport constitutes one of the main activities that influences economy and society, as it assures a vital link between suppliers and customers and it represents a major source of employment. Multi-echelon distribution is one of the most common strategies adopted by the transport companies in an aim of cost reduction. This paper presents the main concepts of multi-echelon distribution with cross-docks through a multidisciplinary analysis that includes an optimisation study (using both exact and heuristic methods), a geographic approach (based on the concept of accessibility) and a socio-economic analysis. a conceptual framework for logistics and transport pooling systems, as well as a simulation method for strategic planning optimisation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, 2012, 51, 1, 93-109|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00498496|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacobsen, S. K. & Madsen, O. B. G., 1980. "A comparative study of heuristics for a two-level routing-location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 5(6), pages 378-387, December.
- Soltani, Roya & Sadjadi, Seyed Jafar, 2010. "Scheduling trucks in cross-docking systems: A robust meta-heuristics approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 650-666, September.
- Charles Raux & Louis Alligier & Daniel Danau, 2007. "Simulation d'un marché de permis d'émission de CO2 dans le transport de marchandises. Rapport final," Post-Print halshs-00286000, HAL.
- Gerdessen, Johanna C., 1996. "Vehicle routing problem with trailers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 135-147, August.
- Klose, Andreas & Drexl, Andreas, 2005. "Facility location models for distribution system design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 4-29, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00498496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.