Dynamic voluntary contributions to a discrete public good:Experimental evidence
We experiment a mechanism for the provision of a discrete public good where individuals are allowed to update upwards their contribution during a fixed time interval. Experimental evidence shows that subjects increase their contributions in order to finance the cost of the good. The public good is financed more frequently when its cost is low relative to the social ability to pay.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economics Bulletin, Economics Bulletin, 2008, 3 (23), pp. 1-11|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00282669|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dorsey, Robert E, 1992. "The Voluntary Contributions Mechanism with Real Time Revisions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 73(3), pages 261-82, April.
- Güth, Werner & Levati, Maria Vittoria & Stiehler, Andreas, 2002.
"Privately contributing to public goods over time: An experimental study,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2002,18, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Werner Güth & Maria Vittoria Levati & Andreas Stiehler, . "Privately Contributing to Public Goods over Time - An Experimental Study -," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-01, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Leslie M. Marx & Steven A. Matthews, .
"Dynamic Voluntary Contribution to a Public Project,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
6f8dbf67d492ff8a10975496b, Penn Economics Department.
- Leslie M. Marx & Steven A. Matthews, 2000. "Dynamic Voluntary Contribution to a Public Project," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 327-358.
- Leslie M. Marx & Steven A. Matthews, 1997. "Dynamic Voluntary Contribution to a Public Project," Discussion Papers 1188, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Leslie M. Marx & Steven A. Matthews, . ""Dynamic Voluntary Contribution to a Public Project''," CARESS Working Papres 99-01, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- W. Hichri, 2004. "Interior collective optimum in a voluntary contribution to a public-goods game," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 135-140.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991.
"Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1057-1067, July.
- Gradstein, Mark, 1992. "Time Dynamics and Incomplete Information in the Private Provision of Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 581-97, June.
- M. Vittoria Levati & Tibor Neugebauer, 2004.
"An Application of the English Clock Market Mechanism to Public Goods Games,"
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 153-169, 06.
- Maria Vittoria Levati & Tibor Neugebauer, 2001. "An Application of the English Clock Market Mechanism to Public Goods Games," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2001-04, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Anat R. Admati & Motty Perry, 1991. "Joint Projects without Commitment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 259-276.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00282669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.