Lessons from nearly a century of the brand management system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matanda, Tandadzo & Ewing, Michael T., 2012. "The process of global brand strategy development and regional implementation," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 5-12.
- Marchand, Roland, 1991. "The Corporation Nobody Knew: Bruce Barton, Alfred Sloan, and the Founding of the General Motors â€œFamilyâ€," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(4), pages 825-875, January.
- Smith, Ruth Ann & Lux, David S, 1993. "Historical Method in Consumer Research: Developing Causal Explanations of Change," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 595-610, March.
- Giese, Thomas D. & Weisenberger, T. M., 1982. "Product manager in perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 267-277, September.
- Stephen R Gates & William G Egelhoff, 1986. "Centralization in Headquarters–Subsidiary Relationships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(2), pages 71-92, June.
- Cui, Annie Peng & Hu, Michael Y. & Griffith, David A., 2014. "What makes a brand manager effective?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 144-150.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pramod Iyer & Arezoo Davari & Audhesh Paswan, 2018. "Determinants of brand performance: the role of internal branding," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(3), pages 202-216, May.
- Francesco Ciabuschi & Henrik Dellestrand & Philip Kappen, 2011. "Exploring the Effects of Vertical and Lateral Mechanisms in International Knowledge Transfer Projects," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 129-155, April.
- Frethey-Bentham, Catherine, 2011. "Pseudo panels as an alternative study design," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 281-292.
- Kurokawa, Sam & Iwata, Satoshi & Roberts, Edward B., 2007. "Global R&D activities of Japanese MNCs in the US: A triangulation approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-36, February.
- Guey-Huey Li & Chwo-Ming Yu & Dah-Hsian Seetoo, 2010. "Toward a Theory of Regional Organization," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 5-33, February.
- Lee, Hyoungjin & Chung, Chris Changwha & Beamish, Paul W., 2019. "Configurational characteristics of mandate portfolios and their impact on foreign subsidiary survival," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 1-1.
- Thompson, Ann-Marie K., 2010. "Golder's historical method in research in marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1269-1272, December.
- Galli Geleilate, Jose-Mauricio & Andrews, Daniel S. & Fainshmidt, Stav, 2020. "Subsidiary autonomy and subsidiary performance: A meta-analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(4).
- Michael J. Enright & Venkat Subramanian, 2007. "An organizing framework for MNC subsidiary typologies," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 895-924, December.
- Michael-Jörg Oesterle & Joachim Wolf, 2011. "50 Years of Management International Review and IB/IM Research," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(6), pages 735-754, December.
- Jonas Puck & Markus K. Hödl & Igor Filatotchev & Hans-Georg Wolff & Benjamin Bader, 2016. "Ownership mode, cultural distance, and the extent of parent firms’ strategic control over subsidiaries in the PRC," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1075-1105, December.
- Özsomer, Aysegül & Batra, Rajeev & Chattopadhyay, Amitava & ter Hofstede, Frenkel, 2012. "A global brand management roadmap," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-4.
- Randi Lunnan & Sverre Tomassen & Ulf Andersson & Gabriel R. G. Benito, 2019. "Dealing with headquarters in the multinational corporation: a subsidiary perspective on organizing costs," Journal of Organization Design, Springer;Organizational Design Community, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Björn Ambos & Volker Mahnke, 2010. "How Do MNC Headquarters Add Value?," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 403-412, August.
- Julie Leroy & Baptiste Cléret, 2013. "When time matters: how to use a timeline built from ethnographic data," Post-Print hal-01655554, HAL.
- Wu, Wann-Yih & Minor, Michael S., 1997. "Role perceptions, personal traits, lifestyles and leadership: An empirical study of American, Japanese, and Taiwanese female managers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Igor Gurkov, 2014. "Corporate Parenting Style In The Global Economy," HSE Working papers WP BRP 20/MAN/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marcus Matthias Keupp & Maximilian Palmié & Oliver Gassmann, 2011. "Achieving Subsidiary Integration in International Innovation by Managerial “Tools”," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 213-239, April.
- Yadong Luo, 2006. "Autonomy of foreign R&D units in an emerging market: An information processing perspective," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 349-378, June.
- Krzywdzinski, Martin & Jo, Hyung Je, 2020. "Skill formation, automation and governance: comparing German and Korean automotive manufacturers in Central-Eastern Europe," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand; Brand Management System; Marketing organization; Marketing history; History of marketing thought Pape r type-General review;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2019-03-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IPR-2019-03-11 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MKT-2019-03-11 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-02045694. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.