Report NEP-HIS-2019-03-11This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Krantz, Olle, 2019. "Hur ekonomisk historia blev en egen disciplin vid de svenska universiteten," Lund Papers in Economic History 193, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Johannes Wiegand, 2019. "Destabilizing the Global Monetary System: Germany’s Adoption of the Gold Standard in the Early 1870s," IMF Working Papers 19/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Gary, Kathryn E. & Olsson, Mats, 2019. "Men at work: Real wages from annual and casual labour in southern Sweden 1500–1850," Lund Papers in Economic History 194, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Isabelle Aimé & Fabienne Berger-Remy & Marie-Eve Laporte, 2018. "Lessons from nearly a century of the brand management system," Post-Print hal-02045694, HAL.
- Catherine Haeck & Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2018. "The Value of Terroir. A historical analysis of Bordeaux and Champagne geographical indications," LICOS Discussion Papers 40818, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Sofia Teives Henriques & Paul Sharp, 2019. "Without coal in the age of steam and dams in the age of electricity: an explanation for the failure of Portugal to industrialize before the Second World War," Working Papers 0148, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Ljungberg, Jonas & Ögren, Anders, 2019. "Discipline or external balance? The choice of international monetary systems in Europe," Lund Papers in Economic History 190, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Alain Raybaut, 2019. "Bertrand Nogaro et l'économie de guerre : le Service de la main d'oeuvre étrangère," GREDEG Working Papers 2019-08, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Barros, Gustavo, 2019.
"Geopolítica do minério de ferro brasileiro no entreguerras
[Geopolitics of the Brazilian iron ore in the interwar period]," MPRA Paper 92489, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2019.
- Nuno Palma, 2019. "Money and modernization in early modern England," Working Papers 0147, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Avaro, Maylis & Bignon, Vincent, 2019. "At Your Service! Liquidity Provision and Risk Management in 19th Century France," CEPR Discussion Papers 13556, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alex Plastun & Xolani Sibande & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2019. "Halloween Effect in Developed Stock Markets: A US Perspective," Working Papers 201914, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Claude Diebolt & Charlotte Le Chapelain & Audrey Rose Menard, 2019. "Neither the elite, nor the mass. The rise of intermediate human capital during the French industrialization process," Working Papers 04-19, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Remi Jedwab & Noel D. Johnson & Mark Koyama, 2019. "Pandemics, places, and populations: evidence from the Black Death," CESifo Working Paper Series 7524, CESifo Group Munich.
- Borowiecki, Karol Jan & Graddy, Kathryn, 2019. "Immigrant Artists: Enrichment or Displacement?," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 4/2019, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Thiemo Fetzer & Stephan Kyburz, 2019. "Cohesive Institutions and Political Violence," Working Papers 503, Center for Global Development.
- Fanny Coulomb & Alain Alcouffe, 2018. "Economic Interventionism, Armament Industries and the Keynesian Theory," Post-Print hal-02051360, HAL.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Hassan F. Gholipour, 2019. "Growing up in the Iran-Iraq War and Preferences for Strong Defense," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201907, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- HATSUTANI Isamu, 2019. "Issues of Vocational Training Corporations: From the viewpoint of NPO policy (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 19005, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Rob J Hyndman, 2019. "A Brief History of Forecasting Competitions," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/19, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Christian Dippel, 2019. "Political Parties Do Matter in U.S. Cities ... For Their Unfunded Pensions," NBER Working Papers 25601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nyoni, Thabani, 2019. "Understanding inflation dynamics in the United States of America (USA): A univariate approach," MPRA Paper 92460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2018. "Productivity and the Great Recession," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 100213, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Leandro de Magalhaes & Francesco Giovannoni, 2019. "War and the Rise of Parliaments," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 19/709, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Alain Raybaut, 2019. "A First French Episode in the Renewal of Nonlinear Theory of Economic Cycles (1978-1985)," GREDEG Working Papers 2019-07, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2019. "Narratives About Technology-Induced Job Degradation Then and Now," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2168, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kauko, Karlo & Tölö, Eero, 2019. "On the long-run calibration of the credit-to-GDP gap as a banking crisis predictor," Research Discussion Papers 6/2019, Bank of Finland.
- Alejandro L. Corbacho, 2018. "74 days under the Argentine Flag: The Experiences of Occupation during the Falklands/Malvinas War," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 682, Universidad del CEMA.
- Alejandro Luis Corbacho, 2018. "Notas de Política Exterior Argentina II: La evolución de la opinión pública respecto de las Malvinas (1984-1997)," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 683, Universidad del CEMA.