To gain or not to lose? Tuition fees for loss averse students
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guilhem Lecouteux & LÃ©onard Moulin, 2015. "To gain or not to lose? Tuition fees for loss averse students," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 1005-1019.
References listed on IDEAS
- Raquel Fernandez, 1998.
"Education and Borrowing Constraints: Tests vs. Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
6588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandez, R., 1998. "Education and Borrowing Constraints: Tests vs Prices," Working Papers 98-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Fernández, Raquel, 1998. "Education and Borrowing Constraints: Tests Vs. Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 1913, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
- David Flacher & Hugo Harari-Kermadec, 2013. "Tuition fees, self-esteem and social heterogeneity," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 191-210, March.
- Léonard Moulin, 2014.
"Une hausse des frais d’inscription en France est-elle inéluctable ou même simplement souhaitable ?,"
- Léonard Moulin, 2014. "Une hausse des frais d'inscription en France est-elle inéluctable ou même simplement souhaitable ?," Post-Print hal-01345565, HAL.
- Epple, Dennis & Figlio, David & Romano, Richard, 2004.
"Competition between private and public schools: testing stratification and pricing predictions,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1215-1245, July.
- Dennis Epple & David Figlio & Richard Romano, 2000. "Competition Between Private and Public Schools: Testing Stratification and Pricing Predictions," NBER Working Papers 7956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lionel Page, 2005. "Des inégalités sociales aux inégalités scolaires. Choix éducatifs et Prospect Theory," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 56(3), pages 615-623.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Betts, Julian R, 1998. "The Impact of Educational Standards on the Level and Distribution of Earnings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 266-275, March.
- Raquel Fernández & Jordi Gali, 1999. "To Each According to …? Markets, Tournaments, and the Matching Problem with Borrowing Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 799-824.
- Robert J. Gary-Bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2008. "Efficient Tuition Fees and Examinations," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(6), pages 1211-1243, December.
- del Rey, Elena & Romero, Laura, 2004. "Prices versus Exams as Strategic Instruments for Competing Universities," Working Papers of the Department of Economics, University of Girona 12, Department of Economics, University of Girona.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- David Flacher & Hugo Harari-Kermadec & Léonard Moulin, 2012.
"Faut-il (vraiment) augmenter les frais d'inscription à l'université ?,"
Revue française d'économie,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 145-183.
- David Flacher & Hugo Harari-Kermadec & Léonard Moulin, 2012. "Faut-il (vraiment) augmenter les frais d'inscription à l'université ?," Post-Print hal-00749625, HAL.
- repec:hal:cepnwp:hal-00749625 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00850 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Batifoulier & Denis Abecassis & Nicolas Da Silva & Victor Duchesne & Léonard Moulin, 2016. "L’utilité sociale de la dépense publique," CEPN Working Papers hal-01421197, HAL.
- Dan Anderberg & Claudia Cerrone, 2014. "Education, Disappointment and Optimal Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 5141, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dan Anderberg & Claudia Cerrone, 2017.
"Investment in education under disappointment aversion,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(3), pages 1533-1540.
- Dan Anderberg & Claudia Cerrone, 2016. "Investment in education under disappointment aversion," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2016_16, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
More about this item
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01345548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.