A Good Beginning Makes a Good Market: The Effect of Different Market Opening Structures on Market Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andy Snell & Ian Tonks, 2003. "A theoretical analysis of institutional investors' trading costs in auction and dealer markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(489), pages 576-597, July.
- Chang, Rosita P. & Rhee, S. Ghon & Stone, Gregory R. & Tang, Ning, 2008. "How does the call market method affect price efficiency? Evidence from the Singapore Stock Market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2205-2219, October.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Hendershott, Terrence & Jones, Charles M., 2008. "Order Consolidation, Price Efficiency, and Extreme Liquidity Shocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 93-121, March.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1996. "Security Prices and Market Transparency," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 255-283, July.
- Kehr, Carl-Heinrich & Krahnen, Jan P. & Theissen, Erik, 2001. "The Anatomy of a Call Market," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 249-270, July.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992.
"Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991. "Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?," FMG Discussion Papers dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Ellul, Andrew & Shin, Hyun Song & Tonks, Ian, 2005.
"Opening and Closing the Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(04), pages 779-801, December.
- Ellul, Andrew & Shin, Hyun Song & Tonks, Ian, 2004. "Opening and closing the market: evidence from the London Stock Exchange," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24753, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hyun Song Shin & Ian Tonks & Andrew Ellul, 2004. "Opening and Closing the Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," FMG Discussion Papers dp506, Financial Markets Group.
- Theissen, Erik, 2000. "Market structure, informational efficiency and liquidity: An experimental comparison of auction and dealer markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 333-363, November.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1996. " Transparency and Liquidity: A Comparison of Auction and Dealer Markets with Informed Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 579-611, June.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole, 1999. "Do trading rules impact on market efficiency? A comparison of opening procedures on the Australian and Jakarta Stock Exchanges," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 495-521, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Ting Lau, Sie & McInish, Thomas, 2007. "Opening and closing behavior following the introduction of call auctions in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 18-35, January.
- Davies, Ryan J., 2003. "The Toronto Stock Exchange preopening session," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 491-516, August.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morone, Andrea & Nuzzo, Simone, 2016.
"Do Markets (Institutions) Drive Out Lemmings or Vice Versa?,"
74322, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morone, Andrea & Nuzzo, Simone, 2016. "Do markets (institutions) drive out lemmings - or vice versa?," Kiel Working Papers 2061, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Morone, Andrea & Nuzzo, Simone, 2016. "Do Markets (Institutions) Drive Out Lemmings or Vice Versa?," EconStor Preprints 146917, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Morone, Andrea & Nuzzo, Simone, 2015.
"Market Efficiency, Trading Institutions and Information Mirages: evidence from an experimental asset market,"
67448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Morone & Simone Nuzzo, 2016. "Market Efficiency, Trading Institutions and Information Mirages: Evidence from an Experimental Asset Market," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2016/17, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Andrea Morone & Simone Nuzzo, 2016. "Market efficiency, trading institutions and information mirages: Evidence from an experimental asset market," Working Papers 2016/12, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
KeywordsCall auction; continuous double auction; transparency; market quality;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grz:wpsses:2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwgraat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.