Sharing and Tourism: The Rise of New Markets in Transport
This paper analyses the implications of sharing on tourists and tourism focusing on the transportation sector. The shifts from ownership to access, from products to services have induced dramatic changes triggered by the emergence of innovative marketplaces. The services offered by Knowledge Innovative Service Suppliers, start-ups at the origin of innovative marketplaces run through platforms allow the tourists to find solutions to run themselves their activities, bypassing the traditional tourism industry. The paper builds a taxonomy to apprehend the diversity attached to this growing platform economy, and uses this analytical framework to depict significant cases drawn from ridesharing or carsharing.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2016|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 250, rue Albert Einstein, 06560 Valbonne|
Web page: http://www.gredeg.cnrs.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcello M. Mariani & Rodolfo Baggio & Dimitrios Buhalis & Christian Longhi, 2014. "Tourism management, marketing and development: the importance of networks and ICTs," Post-Print halshs-00924725, HAL.
- Christian Longhi, 2009. "Internet and organization of the industry in tourism : a focus on the distribution of travel and tourism services," Post-Print halshs-00456709, HAL.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006.
"Two‐sided markets: a progress report,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, 09.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "Two-Sided Markets : A Progress Report," IDEI Working Papers 275, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean Tirole & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2006. "Two-Sided Markets : A Progress Report," Post-Print hal-00173715, HAL.
- Christian Longhi & Sylvie Rochhia, 2015. "Long tails in the tourism industry : towards knowledge intensive service suppliers," Working Papers halshs-01248302, HAL.
- Christian Longhi & Sylvie Rochhia, 2015. "Long tails in the tourism industry: towards knowledge intensive service suppliers," Post-Print halshs-01217795, HAL.
- Christian Longhi & Sylvie Rochhia, 2015. "Long Tails in the Tourism Industry: Towards Knowledge Intensive Service Suppliers," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-07, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Bénédicte Aldebert & Rani Jeanne Dang & Christian Longhi, 2011. "Innovation in the tourism industry: The case of Tourism@," Post-Print halshs-01241702, HAL.
- Bénédicte Aldebert & Rani Jeanne Dang & Christian Longhi, 2011. "Innovation in the tourism industry : the case of tourism@," Post-Print halshs-00721551, HAL.
- Romeo Danielis, Lucia Rotaris, Eva Valeri, 2012. "Carsharing for tourists," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 66(2), pages 103-119. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2016-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.