Water Pricing Experiences
Water pricing is an important way of improving water allocation and encouraging users to conserve scarce water resources. This work presents water pricing experiences across 22 countries in various sectors and over time. Country cases studies are presented in a structured form allowing easy comparison of result.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: THE WORLD BANK; 1818 H STREET, N.W. WASHINGTON, D.C. 20433, U.S.A.|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Clarke, George & Menard, Claude & Zuluaga, Ana Maria, 2000. "The welfare effects of private sector participation in Guinea's urban water supply," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2361, The World Bank.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Commission Research Papers 31899, Productivity Commission.
- Menard, Claude & Clarke, George, 2000. "A transitory regime : water supply in Conakry, Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2362, The World Bank.
- Shamim A. Sahibzada, 2002. "Pricing Irrigation Water in Pakistan: An Evaluation of Available Options," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(3), pages 209-241.
- Sur, Mona & Umali-Deininger, Dina, 2003. "The Equity Consequences Of Public Irrigation Investments: The Case Of Surface Irrigation Subsidies In India," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Regulation and Irrigated Agriculture Under the EU Water Framework Directive," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24898, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pouchkarev, Igor & Spronk, Jaap & Trinidad Segovia, Juan E., 2006. "Empirical Insights on the Heterogeneity of the Spanish Stock Market/Un Análisis Empírico De La Heterogeneidad Del Mercado De Capitales Español," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 1091-1106, Diciembre.
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, "undated".
"Water Price and Water Relocation in Andalusia. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2007. "Water price and water reallocation in Andalusia. A computable general equilibrium approach," Working Papers 07.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Susan Scott, 1999. "Water Pricing: Conceptual and Theoretical Issues," Papers WP121, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Hoffmann, Mark & Worthington, Andrew & Higgs, Helen, 2006. "Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), September.
- Mark Hoffmann & Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2006. "Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), pages 347-359, 09.
- Smith, Elwin G. & Klein, Kurt K., 2004. "WISE - A Multidisciplinary Water Research Institute in Southern Alberta," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 05.
- Lehmann, Paul, 2011. "Making water affordable to all: A typology and evaluation of options for urban water pricing," UFZ Discussion Papers 10/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- World Bank, 2006. "Approaches to Private Participation in Water Services : A Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6982.
- Bartolini, F. & Bazzani, G.M. & Gallerani, V. & Raggi, M. & Viaggi, D., 2007. "The impact of water and agriculture policy scenarios on irrigated farming systems in Italy: An analysis based on farm level multi-attribute linear programming models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 90-114, March.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & G.J.D. Hewings & E. Velázquez, 2005. "Precio del agua y relocalización del recurso en la economía andaluza. Una aproximación desde un modelo de equilibrio general aplicado," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/22, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Policy And The Sustainability Of Irrigated Systems In Italy," Working Papers 14401, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact Of Water Pricing: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-96, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2006.
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003. "Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development," Conference Papers 28067, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003. "Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development," Conference Papers 14491, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Francesco Prota, 2002. "Water Resources And Water Policies," Working Papers 8_2002, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Diane Dupont & Steven Renzetti, 2001. "The Role of Water in Manufacturing," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(4), pages 411-432, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:wobate:386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed