Generic 4 x 4 Two Person Games Have at Most 15 Nash Equilibria
The maximal generic number of Nash equilibria for two person games in which the two agents each have four pure strategies is shown to be 15. In contrast to Keiding (1995), who arrives at this result by computer enumeration, our argument is based on a collection of lemmas that constrain the set of equilibria. Several of these pertain to any common number d of pure strategies for the two agents.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, CENTER FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, MINNEAPOLIS MINNESOTA 35455 U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.econ.umn.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keiding, Hans, 1997. "On the Maximal Number of Nash Equilibria in ann x nBimatrix Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 148-160, October.
- McKelvey, Richard D. & McLennan, Andrew, 1997.
"The Maximal Number of Regular Totally Mixed Nash Equilibria,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 411-425, February.
- McKelvey, Richard D. & McLennan, Andrew, 1994. "The Maximal Number of Regular Totally Mixed Nash Equilibria," Working Papers 865, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- McKelvey, R.D. & McLennan, A., 1994. "The Maximal Number of Regular Totaly Mixed Nash Equilibria," Papers 272, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Powers, Imelda Yeung, 1990. "Limiting Distributions of the Number of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in N-Person Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 19(3), pages 277-286.
- McLennan, Andrew, 1997. "The Maximal Generic Number of Pure Nash Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 408-410, February.
- McLennan, A., 1994. "The Maximal Generic Number of Pure Nash Equilibria," Papers 273, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:minner:300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.