Technological change, technical and allocative efficiency in Chinese agriculture: the case of rice production in Jiangsu
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shenggen Fan, 2000. "Technological change, technical and allocative efficiency in Chinese agriculture: the case of rice production in Jiangsu," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 1-12.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Lawrence J & Yotopoulos, Pan A, 1971. "A Test for Relative Efficiency and Application to Indian Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 94-109, March.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Parametric Estimation of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency with Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 231-243, February.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995.
"Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(03), December.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995. "Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "Testing Efficiency Hypotheses in Joint Production: A Parametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 51-58, February.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1980. "A Test of Relative and Absolute Price Efficiency in Regulated Utilities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Fan, Shenggen & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1992.
"Induced technical change in centrally planned economies,"
Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 301-314, April.
- Fan, Shenggen & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1992. "Induced technical change in centrally planned economies," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(4), April.
- Fan, Shenggen & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1991. "Induced Technical Change in Centrally Planned Economies," Bulletins 7469, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Ali, Farman & Parikh, Ashok & Shah, Mir Kalan, 1996. "Measurement of economic efficiency using the behavioral and stochastic cost frontier approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 271-287, June.
- Jirong Wang & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Shadow-Price Frontier Measurement of Profit Efficiency in Chinese Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 146-156.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
- Sicular, Terry, 1988. "Plan and Market in China's Agricultural Commerce," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 283-307, April.
- Parker Elliott, 1995. "Shadow Factor Price Convergence and the Response of Chinese State-Owned Construction Enterprises to Reform," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 54-81, August.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhães, Eduardo C. & Vosti, Stephen A., 2002.
"Assessing and attributing the benefits from varietal improvement research: evidence from Embrapa, Brazil,"
EPTD discussion papers
95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philip Pardey & Julian Alston & Connie Chan-Kang & Eduardo MagalhÃ£es & Stephen Vosti, 2003. "Assessing and Attributing the Benefits from Varietal Improvement Research: Evidence from Embrapa, Brazil," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2003-06, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Brummer, B. & Glauben, T. & Lu, W., 2006.
"Policy reform and productivity change in Chinese agriculture: A distance function approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 61-79, October.
- Brümmer, Bernhard & Glauben, Thomas & Lu, Wencong C., 2002. "Policy Reform and Productivity Change in Chinese Agriculture: A Distance Function Approach," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24779, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Glauben, Thomas & Lu, Wencong C. & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2003. "Policy Reform And Productivity Change In Chinese Agriculture: A Distance Function Approach," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25896, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Xiaoheng Zhang & Feng Chu & Xiaohua Yu & Yingheng Zhou & Xu Tian & Xianhui Geng & Jinyang Yang, 2017. "Changing Structure and Sustainable Development for China’s Hog Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Du, Jane & Deng, Kent, 2016. "To get the prices right for food: a “Gerschenkron state” versus the market in reforming China, 1979–2006," Economic History Working Papers 65369, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Carter, Colin A. & Estrin, Andrew J., 2001.
"Market Reforms Versus Structural Reforms in Rural China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 527-541, September.
- Carter, Colin A. & Estrin, Andrew J., 2001. "Market Reforms Versus Structural Reforms In Rural China," Working Papers 11965, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Meng, Erika C.H. & Smale, Melinda & Rozelle, Scott & Ruifa, Hu & Huang, Jikun, 1999. "The Cost Of Wheat Diversity In China," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21580, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ke Li & Shuntian Yao & Lei Yu, 2009. "Community Property Auction, Nash Bidding Rule And China'S Rural Economic Reform," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 682-693, December.
- Fang, Cheng & Fan, Shenggen, 2002. "Estimating Crop-Specific Production Growth And Sources In China," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19669, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zhu, Shu & Xu, Xin & Ren, Xiaojing & Sun, Tianhua & Oxley, Les & Rae, Allan & Ma, Hengyun, 2016. "Modeling technological bias and factor input behavior in China's wheat production sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 245-253.
- Li, Guoping & Zeng, Xianfeng & Zhang, Lizhen, 2008. "Study of Agricultural Productivity and Its Convergence across China's Regions," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 361-379.
More about this item
KeywordsRice production.; Technological innovations China.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:eptddp:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .