The Vindication of Don Quijote: The impact of noise and visual pollution from wind turbines on local residents in Denmark
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Möller, Bernd, 2011. "Attitude and acceptance of offshore wind farms—The influence of travel time and wind farm attributes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4223-4235.
- Ben Hoen & Ryan Wiser & Peter Cappers & Mark Thayer & Gautam Sethi, 2011. "Wind Energy Facilities and Residential Properties: The Effect of Proximity and View on Sales Prices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 33(3), pages 279-316.
- James Lesage & Manfred Fischer, 2008. "Spatial Growth Regressions: Model Specification, Estimation and Interpretation," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 275-304.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Sims Sally & Dent Peter & Oskrochi G., 2008. "Modelling the Impact of Wind Farms on House Prices in the UK," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 12(4), pages 251-269, December.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Borchers, Allison M. & Duke, Joshua M. & Parsons, George R., 2007. "Does willingness to pay for green energy differ by source?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3327-3334, June.
- Harry Kelejian & Ingmar Prucha, 2010. "Spatial models with spatially lagged dependent variables and incomplete data," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Sally Sims & Peter Dent & G. Reza Oskrochi, 2008. "Modelling the impact of wind farms on house prices in the UK," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 251-269, August.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Piras, Gianfranco, 2010. "sphet: Spatial Models with Heteroskedastic Innovations in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 35(i01).
- Martin D. Heintzelman & Carrie M. Tuttle, 2012. "Values in the Wind: A Hedonic Analysis of Wind Power Facilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 571-588.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Ohl, Cornelia & Hartje, Volkmar, 2010. "Landscape externalities from onshore wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 82-92, January.
- Sally Sims & Peter Dent, 2007. "Property stigma: wind farms are just the latest fashion," Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(6), pages 626-651, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charlotte von Möllendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2017.
"Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-being Data,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 93(1), pages 109-126.
- Charlotte von Moellendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2014. "Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data," Working Papers V-373-14, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2014.
- Charlotte von Möllendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2015. "Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 779, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Zerrahn, Alexander & Krekel, Christian, 2015.
"Sowing the Wind and Reaping the Whirlwind? The Effect of Wind Turbines on Residential Well-Being,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112956, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christian Krekel & Alexander Zerrahn, 2015. "Sowing the Wind and Reaping the Whirlwind? The Effect of Wind Turbines on Residential Well-Being," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 760, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
KeywordsValuation; wind turbines; spatial autocorrelation; hedonic house price modeling;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-07-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-07-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-07-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-URE-2013-07-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:foi:wpaper:2013_13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geir Tveit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/foikudk.html .