Foreign Bidders Going Once, Going Twice... Protection in Government Procurement Auctions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Matthew T. Cole & Ronald B. Davies, 2014. "Foreign bidders going once, going twice... Protection in government procurement auctions," Working Papers 201401, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Matthew T. Cole & Ronald B. Davies, 2014. "Foreign Bidders Going Once, Going Twice... Protection in Government Procurement Auctions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4691, CESifo.
References listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Oligopoly and Discriminatory Government Procurement Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1320-1328, December.
- Todd Kaplan & Shmuel Zamir, 2012. "Asymmetric first-price auctions with uniform distributions: analytic solutions to the general case," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 50(2), pages 269-302, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matthew T. Cole & Ronald B. Davies, 2014. "Foreign Bidders Going Once, Going Twice… Protection in Government Procurement Auctions," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp441, IIIS.
- Alen Mulabdic & Lorenzo Rotunno, 2021. "Trade barriers in government procurement," Working Papers halshs-03191482, HAL.
- García-Alonso, María D.C. & Levine, Paul, 2008.
"Strategic procurement, openness and market structure,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1180-1190, September.
- Maria Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2004. "Strategic Procurement, Openness and Market Structure," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0904, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Maria del Carmen Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2005. "Strategic Procurement, Openness and Market Structure," Studies in Economics 0503, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Marius BRÜLHART & Federico TRIONFETTI, 2000.
"Public Expenditure and International Specialisation,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
00.23, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Brülhart, Marius & Trionfetti, Federico, 2001. "Public expenditure and international specialisation," HWWA Discussion Papers 141, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Brulhart, Marius & Trionfetti, Federico, 2001. "Public Expenditure and International Specialisation," Discussion Paper Series 26299, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Cole, Matthew T. & Davies, Ronald B. & Kaplan, Todd, 2017. "Protection in government procurement auctions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 134-142.
- Chiara Carboni & Elisabetta Iossa & Gianpiero Mattera, 2018. "Barriers towards foreign firms in international public procurement markets: a review," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1996.
"Are Discriminatory Procurement Policies Motivated by Protectionism?,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68, February.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," Working Papers hal-01526515, HAL.
- BRETON, Albert & SALMON, Pierre, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 1995-10, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Chiara Carboni & Elisabetta Iossa & Gianpiero Mattera, 2017. "Barriers to Public Procurement: A Review and Recent Patterns in the EU," IEFE Working Papers 92, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Anirudh Shingal, 2015. "Econometric Analyses of Home Bias in Government Procurement," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 188-219, February.
- Michele Santoni, 2002. "Discriminatory Procurement Policy with Cash Limits," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Zornitsa Kutlina-Dimitrova & Csilla Lakatos, 2016.
"Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(3), pages 501-528, August.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa & Lakatos, Csilla, 2014. "Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2014-2, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- Colucci, Domenico & Doni, Nicola & Valori, Vincenzo, 2012.
"Preferential treatment in procurement auctions through information revelation,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 883-886.
- Domenico Colucci & Nicola Doni & Vincenzo Valori, 2012. "Preferential treatment in procurement auctions through information revelation," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics 2012-06, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Ragoussis, Alexandros, 2016. "Government agoraphobia: home bias in developing country procurement markets," Discussion Papers 5/2016, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Brulhart, Marius & Trionfetti, Federico, 2004. "Public expenditure, international specialisation and agglomeration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 851-881, August.
- Vagstad, Steinar, 1995. "Promoting fair competition in public procurement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 283-307, October.
- Michele Santoni, 2001. "Discriminatory procurement policy with cash limits can lower imports: an example," Departmental Working Papers 2001-03, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005.
"Government procurement: market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 163-183, March.
- Evenett, Simon J & Hoekman, Bernard, 2003. "Government Procurement: Market Access, Transparency, and Multilateral Trade Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 4109, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2004. "Government procurement : Market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3195, The World Bank.
- Aaditya Mattoo, 1996.
"The Government Procurement Agreement: Implications of Economic Theory,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(6), pages 695-720, November.
- Mattoo, Aaditya, 1996. "The government procurement agreement: Implications of economic theory," WTO Staff Working Papers TISD-96-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Naegelen, Florence & Mougeot, Michel, 1998. "Discriminatory public procurement policy and cost reduction incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 349-367, March.
- Deltas, George & Evenett, Simon, 2020. "Language as a barrier to entry: Foreign competition in Georgian public procurement," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(C).
More about this item
KeywordsGovernment Procurement; Tariffs; Price Preference;
All these keywords.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fiu:wpaper:1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/defiuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sheng Guo (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/defiuus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.