Two-sided Market, R&D and Payments System Evolution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Li, Bin Grace & McAndrews, James & Wang, Zhu, 2020. "Two-sided market, R&D, and payments system evolution," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 180-199.
- Bin Grace Li & James McAndrews & Zhu Wang, 2019. "Two-Sided Market, R&D and Payments System Evolution," IMF Working Papers 2019/057, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Hall, 2001.
"The Stock Market and Capital Accumulation,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1185-1202, December.
- James J. McAndrews & Zhu Wang, 2008.
"The economics of two-sided payment card markets: pricing, adoption and usage,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 08-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- James J. McAndrews & Zhu Wang, 2012. "The economics of two-sided payment card markets: pricing, adoption and usage," Working Paper 12-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2002. "Cooperation Among Competitors: Some Economics Of Payment Card Associations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 549-570, Winter.
- Wright, Julian, 2003. "Optimal card payment systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 587-612, August.
- Rysman Marc & Wright Julian, 2014. "The Economics of Payment Cards," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 303-353, September.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005.
"A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Papers (Old Series) 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Staff Report 346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Baxter, William F, 1983. "Bank Interchange of Transactional Paper: Legal and Economic Perspectives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 541-588, October.
- Zhu Wang & Julian Wright, 2017. "Ad valorem platform fees, indirect taxes, and efficient price discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 48(2), pages 467-484, May.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2011.
"Must‐Take Cards: Merchant Discounts And Avoided Costs,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 462-495, June.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2008. "Must-Take Cards: Merchant Discounts and Avoided Costs," IDEI Working Papers 496, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Bin Grace Li & Zhu Wang, 2017.
"Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 26, pages 180-203, October.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Grace Li & Zhu Wang, 2015. "Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry," Working Paper 15-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, revised 20 Jul 2015.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Bin Grace Li & Zhu Wang, 2017. "Code and data files for "Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry"," Computer Codes 13-257, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Richard J. Sullivan & Stuart E. Weiner, 2006. "A guide to the ATM and debit card industry - 2006 update," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2006agttaadci2, August.
- A. Drăgulescu & V.M. Yakovenko, 2001.
"Evidence for the exponential distribution of income in the USA,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 20(4), pages 585-589, April.
- Adrian Dragulescu & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2000. "Evidence for the exponential distribution of income in the USA," Papers cond-mat/0008305, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2000.
- Robert E. Hall, 2004. "Measuring Factor Adjustment Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 899-927.
- Nosal, Ed & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2011. "Money, Payments, and Liquidity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262016281, September.
- Oz Shy & Zhu Wang, 2011. "Why Do Payment Card Networks Charge Proportional Fees?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1575-1590, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dr. Kyriazopoulos Georgios & Thanou Efthymia, 2020. "Mergers and Acquisitions and how they affect the Labor productivity. Evidence from the Greek Banking system," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(2), pages 1-3.
- Guerino Ardizzi & Andrea Nobili & Giorgia Rocco, 2020. "A game changer in payment habits: evidence from daily data during a pandemic," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 591, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordspayments system; technology adoption; two-sided market;
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-02-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MAC-2019-02-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2019-02-18 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrwp:19-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.