Must‐Take Cards: Merchant Discounts And Avoided Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2008. "Must-Take Cards: Merchant Discounts and Avoided Costs," IDEI Working Papers 496, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wright, Julian, 2003. "Pricing in debit and credit card schemes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 305-309, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bourreau, Marc & Verdier, Marianne, 2010. "Private cards and the bypass of payment systems by merchants," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1798-1807, August.
- Wang, Zhu, 2016. "Price cap regulation in a two-sided market: Intended and unintended consequences," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 28-37.
- Dragoi, Ionut Mihai, 2013. "The Interchange Fees - A Comparison between Optimal Private and Social Levels," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 24-38, March.
- Zenger, Hans, 2012. "Differentiated interchange fees," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 276-278.
- Krueger Malte, 2015. "Do the Poor Pay for Card Rewards of the Rich?," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 66(2), pages 129-154, August.
- David Bounie & Abel François & Leo Van Hove, 2017.
"Consumer Payment Preferences, Network Externalities, and Merchant Card Acceptance: An Empirical Investigation,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 51(3), pages 257-290, November.
- David Bounie & Abel François & Leo Van Hove, 2016. "Consumer Payment Preferences, Network Externalities, and Merchant Card Acceptance: An Empirical Investigation," Post-Print hal-01533532, HAL.
- Axel Gautier & Nicolas Petit, 2018.
"Optimal enforcement of competition policy: the commitments procedure under uncertainty,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 195-224, April.
- GAUTIER, Axel & PETIT, Nicolas, 2014. "Optimal enforcement of competition policy : the commitments procedure under uncertainty," CORE Discussion Papers 2014063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Axel Gautier & Nicolas Petit, 2018. "Optimal enforcement of competition policy: The commitments procedure under uncertainty," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2944, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vilen Lipatov, 2015. "A Note on Partial Merchant Internalization and MIT Threshold," CESifo Working Paper Series 5684, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ding, Rong, 2014. "Merchant internalization revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 347-349.
- Wilko Bolt, 2012. "Retail Payment Systems: Competition, Innovation, and Implications," DNB Working Papers 362, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Julian Wright, 2012. "Why payment card fees are biased against retailers," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(4), pages 761-780, December.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Wright, Julian, 2010. "Credit card interchange fees," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1788-1797, August.
- Zhang, David Hao, 2016. "How do people pay rent?," Research Data Report 16-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Frans Saxén, 2014. "The No Surcharge Rule and Merchant Competition," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 39-66, March.
- Damien Neven & Miguel Mano, 2009. "Economics at DG Competition, 2008–2009," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(4), pages 317-347, December.
- Egor A. Krivosheya, 2018. "Evaluating Efficient Multilateral Interchange Fees: Evidence from End-User Benefits," HSE Working papers WP BRP 66/FE/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Jooyong Jun, 2015. "Entry of Non-financial Firms and Competition in the Retail Payments Market," Working Papers 2015-19, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jeurec:v:9:y:2011:i:3:p:462-495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.