Regulatory solvency prediction in property-liability insurance: risk-based capital, audit ratios, and cash flow simulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cummins, J. David & Harrington, Scott E. & Klein, Robert, 1995.
"Insolvency experience, risk-based capital, and prompt corrective action in property-liability insurance,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 511-527, June.
- J. David Cummins & Scott E. Harrington & Robert Klein, 1995. "nsolvency Experience, Risk-Based Capital, and Prompt Corrective Action in Property-Liability Insurance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-06, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lamm-Tennant, Joan & Starks, Laura T, 1993. "Stock versus Mutual Ownership Structures: The Risk Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 29-46, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cummins, J David & Mahul, Olivier, 2003. "Optimal Insurance with Divergent Beliefs about Insurer Total Default Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 121-138, October.
- Jiang Cheng & Mary A. Weiss, 2011. "The Regulatory Effect of Risk-Based Capital in Property-Liability Insurance," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-20, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, William W. & Golden, Linda L. & Rousseau, John J. & Wang, Yuying, 2004. "Evaluating solvency versus efficiency performance and different forms of organization and marketing in US property--liability insurance companies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 492-514, April.
- Pierre-Charles Pradier & Arnaud Chneiweiss, 2016.
"The evolution of insurance regulation in the EU since 2005,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
16060, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Pierre-Charles Pradier & Arnaud Chneiweiss, 2016. "The evolution of insurance regulation in the EU since 2005," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01390899, HAL.
- Udaibir S Das & Richard Podpiera & Nigel Davies, 2003. "Insurance and Issues in Financial Soundness," IMF Working Papers 03/138, International Monetary Fund.
- Kessler, Denis, 2008. "Insurance market mechanisms and government interventions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 4-14, January.
- Eling, Martin & Gatzert, Nadine & Schmeiser, Hato, 2009. "Minimum standards for investment performance: A new perspective on non-life insurer solvency," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 113-122, August.
- Benjamin Lorent, 2010. "Insurance Solvency Regulation: Regulatory Approaches Compared," Working Papers CEB 10-041, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jiang Cheng & Mary A. Weiss, 2012.
"The Role of RBC, Hurricane Exposure, Bond Portfolio Duration, and Macroeconomic and Industry-wide Factors in Property–Liability Insolvency Prediction,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(3), pages 723-750, September.
- Jiang Cheng & Mary A. Weiss, 2011. "The Role of RBC, Hurricane Exposure, Bond Portfolio Duration, and Macroeconomic and Industry-wide Factors in Property-Liability Insolvency Prediction," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-17, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Carson, James & Hoyt, Robert, 2000. "Evaluating the risk of life insurer insolvency: implications from the US for the European Union," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 297-314, December.
- Leverty, J. Tyler & Grace, Martin F., 2010. "The robustness of output measures in property-liability insurance efficiency studies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1510-1524, July.
- Robert W. Klein, 2012. "The Modernization of Insurance Company Solvency Regulation in the U.S.: Issues and Implications," NFI Policy Briefs 2012-PB-01, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Therese M. Vaughan, 2008. "The Implications of Prompt Corrective Action for Insurance Firms," NFI Policy Briefs 2008-PB-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- repec:bpj:apjrin:v:11:y:2017:i:2:p:21:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Cummins & Gregory Nini, 2002. "Optimal Capital Utilization by Financial Firms: Evidence from the Property-Liability Insurance Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 15-53, February.
- Steven Pottier & David Sommer, 2002. "The Effectiveness of Public and Private Sector Summary Risk Measures in Predicting Insurer Insolvencies," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 101-116, February.
- Reisz, Alexander S. & Perlich, Claudia, 2007. "A market-based framework for bankruptcy prediction," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 85-131, July.
- P. Picard, 2000. "Les nouveaux enjeux de la régulation des marchés d'assurance," THEMA Working Papers 2000-53, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Dionne, Georges & Harrington, Scott, 2017. "Insurance and Insurance Markets," Working Papers 17-2, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Berry-Stölzle, Thomas R. & Koissi, Marie-Claire & Shapiro, Arnold F., 2010. "Detecting fuzzy relationships in regression models: The case of insurer solvency surveillance in Germany," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 554-567, June.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Deterministische Simulationsmodelle als Insolvenzprognoseverfahren in Wikipedia German ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:98-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.