Determinants of mortgage default and consumer credit use: the effects of foreclosure laws and foreclosure delays
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sewin Chan & Andrew Haughwout & Andrew Hayashi & Wilbert Van Der Klaauw, 2016. "Determinants of Mortgage Default and Consumer Credit Use: The Effects of Foreclosure Laws and Foreclosure Delays," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 393-413, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerardi, Kristopher & Lambie-Hanson, Lauren & Willen, Paul S., 2013.
"Do borrower rights improve borrower outcomes? Evidence from the foreclosure process,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 1-17.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Lauren Lambie-Hanson & Paul S. Willen, 2011. "Do borrower rights improve borrower outcomes?: evidence from the foreclosure process," Public Policy Discussion Paper 11-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Lauren Lambie-Hanson & Paul S. Willen, 2011. "Do Borrower Rights Improve Borrower Outcomes? Evidence from the Foreclosure Process," NBER Working Papers 17666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Lauren Lambie-Hanson & Paul S. Willen, 2011. "Do borrower rights improve borrower outcomes? Evidence from the foreclosure process," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:mcb:jmoncb:v:45:y:2013:i::p:251-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chadi S. Abdallah & William D. Lastrapes, 2012. "Home Equity Lending and Retail Spending: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Texas," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 94-125, October.
- Rodney Ramcharan & Christopher Crowe, 2013.
"The Impact of House Prices on Consumer Credit: Evidence from an Internet Bank,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1085-1115, September.
- Rodney Ramcharan & Christopher Crowe, 2012. "The impact of house prices on consumer credit: evidence from an internet bank," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cem Demiroglu & Evan Dudley & Christopher M. James, 2014. "State Foreclosure Laws and the Incidence of Mortgage Default," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 225-280.
- Fredrik Andersson & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Dennis Glennon & Feng Li, 2013. "The Changing Pecking Order of Consumer Defaults," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(2-3), pages 251-275, March.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Buttimer, Richard J, Jr & Capone, Charles A, 1997. "Pricing Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Delay," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 314-325, August.
- Jones, Lawrence D, 1993. "Deficiency Judgments and the Exercise of the Default Option in Home Mortgage Loans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 115-138, April.
- John Krainer, 2012. "Consumer debt and the economic recovery," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue aug20.
- Andra C. Ghent & Marianna Kudlyak, 2011. "Recourse and Residential Mortgage Default: Evidence from US States 1," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(9), pages 3139-3186.
- Chintal Desai & Gregory Elliehausen & Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2013. "Effects of Bankruptcy Exemptions and Foreclosure Laws on Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 391-415, October.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Matthew Koepke, 2012. "Americans cut their debt," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Karen M. Pence, 2006. "Foreclosing on Opportunity: State Laws and Mortgage Credit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 177-182, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Helu & Sanchez, Juan M., 2016. "The Dynamics of Mortgage Debt in Default," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue 3.
- Ricardo Serrano-Padial & Lukasz Drozd, 2015.
"Financial Contracting with Enforcement Externalities,"
2015 Meeting Papers
1362, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Drozd, Lukasz A. & Serrano-Padial, Ricardo, 2016. "Financial contracting with enforcement externalities," Working Papers 16-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Drozd, Lukasz A. & Serrano-Padial, Ricardo, 2017. "Credit Enforcement Cycles," Working Papers 17-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ron Harris & Asher Meir, 2016. "Recourse Structure of Mortgages: A Comparison between the US and Europe," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(4), pages 15-22, 02.
More about this item
Keywordsmortgage default; state foreclosure laws; consumer finance;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-03-06 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2016-03-06 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .