Home Equity Lending and Retail Spending: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Texas
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nyakabawo, Wendy & Miller, Stephen M. & Balcilar, Mehmet & Das, Sonali & Gupta, Rangan, 2015.
"Temporal causality between house prices and output in the US: A bootstrap rolling-window approach,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 55-73.
- Wendy Nyakabawo & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Sonali Das & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Temporal Causality between House Prices and Output in the U.S.: A Bootstrap Rolling-Window Approach," Working papers 2013-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Wendy Nyakabawo & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Sonali Das & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Temporal Causality between House Prices and Output in the U. S.: A Bootstrap Rolling-Window Approach," Working Papers 201329, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Guerrieri, Luca & Iacoviello, Matteo, 2017.
"Collateral constraints and macroeconomic asymmetries,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 28-49.
- Luca Guerrieri & Matteo Iacoviello, 2012. "Collateral Constraints and Macroeconomic Asymmetries," 2012 Meeting Papers 1024, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Luca Guerrieri & Matteo Iacoviello, 2013. "Collateral constraints and macroeconomic asymmetries," International Finance Discussion Papers 1082, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Luca Guerrieri & Matteo Iacoviello, 2015. "Collateral constraints and macroeconomic asymmetries," NBP Working Papers 202, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Branch, William A. & Petrosky-Nadeau, Nicolas & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2016.
"Financial frictions, the housing market, and unemployment,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 101-135.
- Branch, William A. & Petrosky-Nadeau, Nicolas & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2014. "Financial Frictions, the Housing Market, and Unemployment," Working Paper Series 2014-26, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Nicolas Petrosky-Nadeau, 2015. "Financial Frictions, the Housing Market, and Unemployment," 2015 Meeting Papers 892, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bibek Adhikari & James Alm, 2016.
"Evaluating the Economic Effects of Flat Tax Reforms Using Synthetic Control Methods,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 437-463, October.
- Bibek Adhikari & James Alm, 2016. "Evaluating the Economic Effects of Flat Tax Reforms Using Synthetic Control Methods," Working Papers 1615, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Adhikari, Bibek & Alm, James, 2017. "Evaluating the Economic Effects of Flat Tax Reforms Using Synthetic Control Methods," Working Paper Series 6770, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Fuchs-SchÃ¼ndeln, N. & Hassan, T.A., 2016.
"Natural Experiments in Macroeconomics,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
- Nicola Fuchs-Schuendeln & Tarek Alexander Hassan, 2015. "Natural Experiments in Macroeconomics," NBER Working Papers 21228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuchs-Schündeln, Nicola & Hassan, Tarek, 2015. "Natural Experiments in Macroeconomics," CEPR Discussion Papers 10628, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maïmouna DIAKITE & Jean-François BRUN & Souleymane DIARRA & Nasser ARY TANIMOUNE, 2017.
"The effects of tax coordination on the tax revenue mobilization in West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU),"
- Maïmouna Diakite & Jean-François Brun & Souleymane Diarra & Nasser Ary Tanimoune, 2017. "The effects of tax coordination on the tax revenue mobilization in West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU)," Working Papers halshs-01535104, HAL.
- Risto Herrala & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2013. "Credit Constraints, Political Instability, and Capital Accumulation," IMF Working Papers 13/246, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-476 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Anil, 2014. "Do restrictions on home equity extraction contribute to lower mortgage defaults? evidence from a policy discontinuity at the Texas’ border," Working Papers 1410, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Sewin Chan & Andrew Haughwout & Andrew Hayashi & Wilbert Van Der Klaauw, 2016.
"Determinants of Mortgage Default and Consumer Credit Use: The Effects of Foreclosure Laws and Foreclosure Delays,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 393-413, March.
- Chan, Sewin & Haughwout, Andrew F. & Hayashi, Andrew & Van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 2015. "Determinants of mortgage default and consumer credit use: the effects of foreclosure laws and foreclosure delays," Staff Reports 732, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bibek Adhikari, 2015. "When Does Introducing a Value-Added Tax Increase Economic Efficiency? Evidence from the Synthetic Control Method," Working Papers 1524, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2015.
- Bibek Adhikari & Romain A Duval & Bingjie Hu & Prakash Loungani, 2016. "Can Reform Waves Turn the Tide? Some Case Studies Using the Synthetic Control Method," IMF Working Papers 16/171, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Home Equity Lending and Retail Spending: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Texas (AEJ:MA 2012) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejmac:v:4:y:2012:i:4:p:94-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.