Terms-of-Trade and Counterterrorism Externalities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Sandler, Todd & Younas, Javed, 2016. "Trade and Terrorism: A Disaggregated Approach," Working Papers 2016-1, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 30 Jan 2017.
- Cárceles-Poveda, Eva & Tauman, Yair, 2011. "A strategic analysis of the war against transnational terrorism," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 49-65, January.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2014.
"Are Lives a Substitute for Livelihoods? Terrorism, Security, and US Bilateral Imports,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 58(6), pages 943-975, September.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2006. "Are lives a substitute to livelihoods ? Terrorism, security and US bilateral imports," Post-Print halshs-00108688, HAL.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2009. "Are lives a substitute for livelihoods ? Terrorism, security and U.S. bilateral imports," Post-Print halshs-00401553, HAL.
- Mirza, Daniel & Verdier, Thierry, 2007. "Are Lives a Substitute for Livelihoods? Terrorism, Security and US Bilateral Imports," CEPR Discussion Papers 6173, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2014. "Are Lives a Substitute for Livelihoods? Terrorism, Security, and US Bilateral Imports," Post-Print halshs-01109519, HAL.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2007. "Are lives a substitute for livelihoods ? Terrorism, security and U.S. bilateral imports," Post-Print halshs-00161629, HAL.
- Daniel Mirza & Thierry Verdier, 2013. "Are Lives a Substitute for Livelihoods? Terrorism, Security, and US Bilateral Imports," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00916579, HAL.
- Mirza, Daniel & Verdier, Thierry, 2006. "Are lives a substitute for livelihoods ? Terrorism, security, and U.S. bilateral imports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4094, The World Bank.
- Peter Egger & Martin Gassebner, 2015.
"International terrorism as a trade impediment?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(1), pages 42-62.
- Gassebner, Martin & Egger, Peter, 2014. "International terrorism as a trade impediment?," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100279, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler, 2011.
"The Interplay Between Preemptive and Defensive Counterterrorism Measures: A Two‐stage Game,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(311), pages 546-564, July.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler, 2009. "The interplay between preemptive and defensive counterterrorism measures: a two-stage game," Working Papers 2008-034, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Nitsch, Volker & Schumacher, Dieter, 2004. "Terrorism and international trade: an empirical investigation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 423-433, June.
- S. Brock Blomberg & Gregory D. Hess, 2006. "How Much Does Violence Tax Trade?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 599-612, November.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Sandler, Todd, 2014. "Immigration policy and counterterrorism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 112-123.
- Kevin Siqueira & Todd Sandler, 2010. "Terrorist networks, support, and delegation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 237-253, January.
- Todd Sandler & Kevin Siqueira, 2006. "Global terrorism: deterrence versus pre-emption," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1370-1387, November.
- Sandler, Todd & Lapan, Harvey E., 1988. "The Calculus of Dissent: An Analysis of Terrorists' Choice of Targets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsTerms-of-trade externalities; transference externalities; terrorism; defensive counterterrorism; proactive counterterrorism;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2017-07-09 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:2017-017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.