Estate taxation with warm-glow altruism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Erosa, Andres & Gervais, Martin, 2002.
"Optimal Taxation in Life-Cycle Economies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 338-369, August.
- Andrés Erosa & Martin Gervais, 1998. "Optimal Taxation in Life-Cycle Economies," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9812, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Andres Erosa & Martin Gervais, 2000. "Optimal taxation in life-cycle economies," Working Paper 00-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2006.
"Wealth transfer taxation: a survey of the theoretical literature,"
Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism,
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2006. "Wealth transfer taxation: a survey of the theoretical literature," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1874, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chari, V.V. & Kehoe, Patrick J., 1999. "Optimal fiscal and monetary policy," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 26, pages 1671-1745 Elsevier.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1994.
"Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 145-160, Fall.
- W. G. Gale & J. K. Scholz, "undated". "Intergenerational transfers and the accumulation of wealth," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1019-93, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1991. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth," UCLA Economics Working Papers 624, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Philippe Michel & Pierre Pestieau, 2004.
"Fiscal Policy in an Overlapping Generations Model with Bequest-as-Consumption,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(3), pages 397-407, August.
- MICHEL, Philippe & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2004. "Fiscal policy in an overlapping generations model with bequest-as-consumption," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1988, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carlos Garriga, 2019.
"Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 47(1), pages 3-31, January.
- Carlos Garriga-Calvet, 2000. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1772, Econometric Society.
- Carlos Garriga, 2001. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers in Economics 66, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Garriga, Carlos, 2017. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers 2017-32, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- MICHEL, Philippe & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1998. "Fiscal policy when individuals differ regarding to altruism and labor supply," CORE Discussion Papers 1998040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital," Discussion Papers 532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2004.
"Wealth Inequality and Intergenerational Links,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(3), pages 743-768.
- Mariacristina deNardi, 2000. "Wealth Inequality and Intergenerational Links," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0547, Econometric Society.
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2002. "Wealth inequality and intergenerational links," Staff Report 314, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Laitner, John, 1993. "Intergenerational and interhousehold economic links," Handbook of Population and Family Economics,in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 189-238 Elsevier.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "The Contribution of Intergenerational Transfers to Total Wealth: A Reply," NBER Working Papers 1827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davies, James B. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 2000. "The distribution of wealth," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 605-675 Elsevier.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- About estate subsidies and capital income taxation
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2009-09-10 19:41:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garriga, Carlos & Sánchez-Losada, Fernando, 2009.
"Indirect taxation and the welfare effects of altruism on the optimal fiscal policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1365-1374, November.
- Carlos Garriga & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2009. "Indirect taxation and the welfare effects of altruism on the optimal fiscal policy," Working Papers 2009-047, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bullard, James & Garriga, Carlos & Waller, Christopher J., 2012.
"Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 419-440.
- James B. Bullard & Carlos Garriga & Christopher J. Waller, 2012. "Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation," Speech 200, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- James Bullard & Carlos Garriga & Christopher J. Waller, 2012. "Demographics, Redistribution, and Optimal Inflation," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-13, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- repec:fip:fedlps:y:2012:i:may30 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAltruism ; Taxation;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2009-08-02 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-PBE-2009-08-02 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-08-02 (Public Finance)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:2009-004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.