Demographics, Redistribution, and Optimal Inflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bullard, James & Garriga, Carlos & Waller, Christopher J., 2012. "Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 419-440.
- James B. Bullard & Carlos Garriga & Christopher J. Waller, 2012. "Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation," Speech 200, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
References listed on IDEAS
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1994.
"Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 145-160, Fall.
- W. G. Gale & J. K. Scholz, "undated". "Intergenerational transfers and the accumulation of wealth," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1019-93, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1991. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth," UCLA Economics Working Papers 624, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985.
"Redistributive taxation in a simple perfect foresight model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 59-83, October.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1982. "Redistributive Taxation in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 572, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dávila, Julio, 2012.
"The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 441-453.
- DAVILA, Julio, 2012. "The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2397, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Julio Dávila, 2012. "The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00667438, HAL.
- Carlos Garriga-Calvet, 2000.
"Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1772, Econometric Society.
- Carlos Garriga, 2001. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers in Economics 66, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Garriga, Carlos, 2017. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers 2017-32, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carlos Garriga & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2009. "Estate taxation with warm-glow altruism," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 8(2), pages 99-118, August.
- Bullard, James & Waller, Christopher J, 2004. "Central Bank Design in General Equilibrium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 95-113, February.
- William J. Baumol & Charles A. Wilson (ed.), 2001. "Welfare Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 529.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:prg:jnlpol:v:2017:y:2017:i:3:id:1148:p:351-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2016. "Population ageing and inflation with endogenous money creation," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 23, Bank of Lithuania.
- Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2013.
"Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective,"
IMES Discussion Paper Series
13-E-13, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2014. "Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective," Working Papers 1413, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Katagiri, Mitsuru & Konishi, Hideki & Ueda, Kozo, 2014. "Aging and deflation from a fiscal perspective," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 218, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2014. "Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective," KIER Working Papers 905, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kitov, Ivan & KItov, Oleg, 2013.
"Inflation, unemployment, and labor force. Phillips curves and long-term projections for Japan,"
49388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan Kitov & Oleg Kitov, 2013. "Inflation, unemployment, and labor force. Phillips curves and long-term projections for Japan," Papers 1309.1757, arXiv.org.
- Derek Anderson & Dennis P Botman & Benjamin L Hunt, 2014. "Is Japan’s Population Aging Deflationary?," IMF Working Papers 14/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Jong-Won Yoon & Jinill Kim & Jungjin Lee, 2014. "Impact of Demographic Changes on Inflation and the Macroeconomy," IMF Working Papers 14/210, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; inflation bias; deflation; central bank design;
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-09-30 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2012-09-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2012-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-09-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imedps:12-e-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .