Demographics, Redistribution, and Optimal Inflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bullard, James & Garriga, Carlos & Waller, Christopher J., 2012. "Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 419-440.
- James B. Bullard & Carlos Garriga & Christopher J. Waller, 2012. "Demographics, redistribution, and optimal inflation," Speech 200, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Garriga & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2009. "Estate taxation with warm-glow altruism," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 8(2), pages 99-118, August.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1994.
"Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 145-160, Fall.
- W. G. Gale & J. K. Scholz, "undated". "Intergenerational transfers and the accumulation of wealth," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1019-93, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1991. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth," UCLA Economics Working Papers 624, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985.
"Redistributive taxation in a simple perfect foresight model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 59-83, October.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1982. "Redistributive Taxation in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 572, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dávila, Julio, 2012.
"The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 441-453.
- DAVILA, Julio, 2012. "The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2397, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Julio Dávila, 2012. "The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00667438, HAL.
- Carlos Garriga-Calvet, 2000.
"Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1772, Econometric Society.
- Carlos Garriga, 2001. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers in Economics 66, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Garriga, Carlos, 2017. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers 2017-32, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bullard, James & Waller, Christopher J, 2004. "Central Bank Design in General Equilibrium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 95-113, February.
- William J. Baumol & Charles A. Wilson (ed.), 2001. "Welfare Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 529, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kitov, Ivan & KItov, Oleg, 2013.
"Inflation, unemployment, and labor force. Phillips curves and long-term projections for Japan,"
49388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan Kitov & Oleg Kitov, 2013. "Inflation, unemployment, and labor force. Phillips curves and long-term projections for Japan," Papers 1309.1757, arXiv.org.
- Jong-Won Yoon & Jinill Kim & Jungjin Lee, 2014. "Impact of Demographic Changes on Inflation and the Macroeconomy," IMF Working Papers 14/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2013.
"Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective,"
IMES Discussion Paper Series
13-E-13, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Katagiri, Mitsuru & Konishi, Hideki & Ueda, Kozo, 2014. "Aging and deflation from a fiscal perspective," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 218, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2014. "Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective," Working Papers 1413, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Hideki Konishi & Kozo Ueda, 2014. "Aging and Deflation from a Fiscal Perspective," KIER Working Papers 905, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2016. "Population ageing and inflation with endogenous money creation," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 23, Bank of Lithuania.
- Charan Singh, 2015. "Inflation targeting in India," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1-2), pages 17-24, July.
- Derek Anderson & Dennis P Botman & Benjamin L Hunt, 2014. "Is Japan’s Population Aging Deflationary?," IMF Working Papers 14/139, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:prg:jnlpol:v:2017:y:2017:i:3:id:1148:p:351-369 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; inflation bias; deflation; central bank design;
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-09-30 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2012-09-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2012-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-09-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imedps:12-e-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .