Consumer Mistakes and Advertising : The Case of Mortgage Refinancing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nichols, Len M, 1985. "Advertising and Economic Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 213-218, March.
- Andrew Rhodes & Chris M. Wilson, 2018.
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 49(2), pages 348-369, June.
- Rhodes, Andrew & Wilson, Chris M, 2015. "False Advertising," MPRA Paper 68869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rhodes, Andrew & Wilson, Chris M, 2016. "False Advertising," MPRA Paper 72693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rhodes, Andrew & Wilson, Chris, 2015. "False Advertising," TSE Working Papers 15-614, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Oct 2017.
- Rhodes, Andrew & Wilson, Chris, 2017. "False Advertising," EconStor Preprints 128476, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Keisuke Hattori & Keisaku Higashida, 2012. "Misleading advertising in duopoly," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(3), pages 1154-1187, August.
- Aizawa, Naoki & Kim, You Suk, 2015. "Advertising and Risk Selection in Health Insurance Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-101, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- repec:oup:restud:v:85:y:2018:i:1:p:396-436. is not listed on IDEAS
- Umit G. Gurun & Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru, 2016. "Advertising Expensive Mortgages," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(5), pages 2371-2416, October.
- repec:wly:emetrp:v:85:y:2017:i:6:p:1723-1761 is not listed on IDEAS
- Green, Richard K. & LaCour-Little, Michael, 1999. "Some Truths about Ostriches: Who Doesn't Prepay Their Mortgages and Why They Don't," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 233-248, September.
- George A. Akerlof & Robert J. Shiller, 2015. "Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation and Deception," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10534.
- Pierre Dubois & Rachel Griffith & Martin O’Connell, 2018.
"The Effects of Banning Advertising in Junk Food Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 85(1), pages 396-436.
- Dubois, Pierre & Griffith, Rachel & O'Connell, Martin, 2016. "The effects of banning advertising in junk food markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 11316, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, Pierre & Griffith, Rachel & O'Connell, Martin, 2016. "The effects of banning advertising in junk food markets," TSE Working Papers 16-647, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Dec 2016.
- Salvatore Piccolo & Piero Tedeschi & Giovanni Ursino, 2015. "How limiting deceptive practices harms consumers," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(3), pages 611-624, September.
- Justine Hastings & Ali Hortaçsu & Chad Syverson, 2017.
"Sales Force and Competition in Financial Product Markets: The Case of Mexico's Social Security Privatization,"
Econometric Society, vol. 85(6), pages 1723-1761, November.
- Justine S. Hastings & Ali Hortaçsu & Chad Syverson, 2013. "Sales Force and Competition in Financial Product Markets: The Case Of Mexico’s Social Security Privatization," NBER Working Papers 18881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall A. Lewis & Justin M. Rao, 2015. "The Unfavorable Economics of Measuring the Returns to Advertising," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 130(4), pages 1941-1973.
More about this item
KeywordsAdvertising; Mistakes; Mortgage; Refinancing;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2017-07-09 (Marketing)
- NEP-URE-2017-07-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2017-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryan Wolfslayer) or (Keisha Fournillier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.